Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Apr 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosieloosie
Apprentice Imagineer

Breakfast Gatwick South

Never flown from Gatwick South Terminal before & wondering where's best to eat breakfast? Our flight is at 10.40 am so we'll be at the airport around 6.30-7 am ish but we will do twilight check in the night before so just need to go straight to security. I have read there is a Wetherspoons but it's before security so wondering if we would have time to eat there at say 8am then still get through security in time for our flight? I can't eat breakfast too early (6.30-7 would be too soon for me) or is there anywhere else after security that serves a decent breakfast?
Goosieloosie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Plenty of options. There are two Wetherspoons in LGW South, one of which is after security. You can see all the options after security here

gatwickairport/at-th...urity&S=&C=All

Just change the filters if you want to see those before security (basically the other Wetherspoon and a Giraffe). You can also view the menus on this site. If you join MyGatwick (free) and enter your flight details, you will get discount offers on shopping and dining.

You seem to be arriving very early at the airport if you’ve already done twilight check in, but each to their own. I think you’d be fine arriving around 07:30, you’d still have plenty of time to get through security and have breakfast (before or after security) and be done with both by 9am. I would arrive much later, but that’s me.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Last time we were at Gatwick we had breakfast at Nando’s. It’s not somewhere I normally go but the teenagers fancied it. I was pleasantly surprised and would eat there again if flying from Gatwick south. The spiced maple pancakes with fruit were very nice.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Goosieloosie
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you both that's very helpful & also good to know we don't need to be at the airport quite so soon (DH flapping) is security usually busy at Gatwick South? It will be a Monday we fly.

Edited at 12:50 AM.
Goosieloosie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 02:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Well I normally use the fast track security, but security at LGW is pretty efficient, outside of bank holiday weekends or start of school holidays it’s hard to imagine it could take more than 30 mins, probably a fair bit less. You’d still have loads of time for breakfast.

However, if it’s going to make you anxious, by all means go earlier. There is no right or wrong, and getting your holiday off to a relaxing start is the most important thing. I spend a lot of time in airports, so tend to be a bit more ruthless about when I arrive, and I’d take the extra hour (and probably more) in bed with a long day of travel to the US ahead of me. That said, I’m always forced to go earlier by my family when travelling with them. Mrs P is not a fan of my airport policy, she likes more time (and they make me check bags)
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

We normally go to Pret. Bacon rolls and fresh fruit do me just fine! And no waiting for it.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

We usually go to the Wetherspoons, but in March could only get into Wagamamas which was actually pretty good.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosieloosie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaNuts93 View Post
We usually go to the Wetherspoons, but in March could only get into Wagamamas which was actually pretty good.
Oh no was this because it was so busy?
Old 26 Apr 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goosieloosie View Post
Oh no was this because it was so busy?
Hi - yes it was rammed everywhere - queuing out into the walkways!

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
prt2
Very Serious Dibber

We always go to Spoons! The Flying Horse is located after security.
It's 'airport spoons' prices but hey ho...
we have never had a problem getting a seat and I reckon if you are there that early on a weekday you will be fine.
Plenty of choices though ...
prt2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List