Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 9 Sep 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Just found your report Nat as I am researching Krakow for April 19 and as always, search the Dibb for info... Really informative, thanks for sharing

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by christybell View Post
Just found your report Nat as I am researching Krakow for April 19 and as always, search the Dibb for info... Really informative, thanks for sharing
Ah thank you for reading! Enjoy your trip!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

We're off to Krakow in a few weeks and i've just searched for reports and found this. Thanks for sharing your trip, you've given me some great ideas x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I seem to have missed everyone's kind comments on this report...better late than never for my replies! Apologies!

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Another great trip report I have really enjoyed reading it and would love to visit Krakow sometime in the future.
Thank you! It's very much worth a visit (and Warsaw too) and has inspired other trips to Europe next year!

Originally Posted by Jet View Post
What a fab trippie..don't know how I missed it in November !
I think Krakow is a really interesting place to visit also so much to see and do.
And yes Auchwitz is so sad..and it should never be forgotten.
DH was quite upset with it all when we went.
We were having a coffee and cake just before you leave the camp..and he became all emotional and could not eat it..he said he kept thinking of all those people that had nothing...it really is a place that makes you think.
Looking forward to your other trippies.
Oh yes it is so thought provoking. We had similar emotions in Warsaw too, we hadn't appreciated until we went to the Uprising Museum that it was just totally flattened and entire communities just wiped out. So terribly sad. These things serve as important reminders not to let it happen again!

Originally Posted by disneyme View Post
As above, I love your trippies so don't know how I missed this one!
Krakow looks beautiful - I've wanted to go for ages for OH isn't keen so I'm going to show him your report and hope to change his mind

Your travel plans for this year sound AMAZING! Very jealous of South Africa in particular! x
Oh yes please do encourage him, it's a great place!
Well you may have gathered by now that SA didn't happen...my Dad booked us all a trip to Florida for the April, and we decided we needed to spend some of our leave relaxing so we went on a Disney Cruise through the Panama Canal instead. We will for sure visit in the future though, it's high on our list

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
I totally missed that you had posted this. Looks like an amazing trip, Krakow has been firmly on my bucket list for years
Thank you! Hopefully you will get there soon!

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
A lovely in depth trip report, I went to Krakow years ago when it was still in the Eastern Bloc , and I remember people asking me "what do you want to go to Poland for?"
It was nice to see familar sights ( and not so familiar, Hard rock cafe , TGis etc) there was nothing like that when I visited.

A beer was 25p !

I too went to Auschwitz and the same as you felt it was more "museumy" one of my memories was there was wallpaper on the walls of some of the office type buildings and it was floral ...which struck me as strange with all the suffering around.

I took all my photos there using black and white film ( back in the olden days and it made it look extra haunting.
Very haunting indeed! It's a wonderful place to visit!

Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I know what you mean about strange things.
I could not understand how these poor people were kept in those huts all crammed together ...starved abused and then sadly killed...but in the huts they had a well made heater in the middle and finished off with tiles around...funny what stays in your mind.
Oh it's awful! My memory like that is the lamp made of human skin that I saw in Sachsenhausen the first time I visited with my school as a teenager!

Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
That was really informative and made me want to visit too!
Thanks for taking the time to share your adventure.
Have a great time with all your travels this year x
Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by judy22 View Post
Very interesting trippie. We are heading to Krakow at the end of May and have booked the Auschwitz and Salt Mine tour. Is is cold down the mine?
Hope you had a great trip! And I'm sure you learned that it was a bit chilly!

Originally Posted by ashc13 View Post
Great trip Report and pictures! Really enjoyed reading it. Wow 2018 sounds fab!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
Ah thank you, hope you found it useful!

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
We're off to Krakow in a few weeks and i've just searched for reports and found this. Thanks for sharing your trip, you've given me some great ideas x
Brilliant, hope you have a great trip!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List