Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Just rebooked - looking for a few Virgin tips/confirmations

Hello! After my trip in September 2020 fell through (A victim of TC) I've rebooked with Virgin. Still 14 nights RPR water view, 2 X 2 queen rooms, but flying economy instead of premium with Thomas cook.

Just looking for a few reassurances from fellow Dibbers as I've not travelled much with Virgin or even looked into them much before today.

- Economy flights do come with in-flight entertainment correct? And free drinks? It mentions entertainment in the click-through text about economy classic, but in the summary lists it's not present on economy classic or delight so just want to confirm.

- If we do Disney springs check-in with all of us, does this mean that when we arrive at the airport we can just go straight through to the shops then through security to our gate when that is announced? I.E. no waiting in the queue at the initial check in desks on arrival at airport as we already have boarding passes and luggage has been taken?

- Anyone know what kind of aircraft it's likely to be? I read that they are retiring the 747, but online says 2021 - so is it likely to be the jumbo, and what is this like compared to a 330/320 airbus? I'm aware economy is much of a muchness.

Just any other tips you can give me about flying with them or using their services in general. I'm not used to feeling this unaware about a holiday provider, but had to rebook asap (hesitating 12 hours cost me £210 alone).

I did like their website booking experience, which has reassured me.

Many thanks for any answers you can give me
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

The in flight entertainment is great, loads of choice and everyone has it..
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I much prefer Virgin to TC. I love flying with them - free drinks, food and little lolly ice and a snack (I love the small things). The entertainment is much better
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Daza
slightly serious Dibber

I’ve flown with Virgin 7 times in Economy. In Flight Entertainment is free along with the drinks

I never use Disney Springs to check our cases in.

Staff are superb and we’ve always been looked after

Some of the jumbos are getting retired starting from next month. If you are on a jumbo look at booking your seats from 331 days out. Get anywhere on the upper deck...it’s really good up there. I was off our flight, through immigration, cases collected and out of Alamo in just under 30 mins 2 weeks ago.

Seat space is adequate. I’m 5,10’’ and 15 stone...more than enough space

Edited at 07:58 PM.
Daza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SophieLou
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hi we've been with virgin twice now and very good. Entertainment is screen on seat in front, loads of films, programs, games etc. Just Google virgin atlantic long haul in flight entertainment and you'll see list of films for that month. Free drink with meal and once in air. Disney springs check in great, works just like you said, hassle free. Not too sure on plane types though! Glad you have managed to rebook!
SophieLou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

yes they have inflight entertainment in economy and its really good we flew back with them a couple of weeks ago and between the 2 flights watched - Avengers endgame, captain marvel, aladdin, how to train your dragon hidden world, mary poppins returns, Aquaman. the drinks that come round offered are free of charge and the room I had in economy was also good.

Disney check in is brilliant. Go down to the desks behind cirque du soleil at disney springs, you get rid of your suitcases in the morning and get your boarding passes given to you there and then. We usually go off to a park for the rest of the day then and enjoy our last few hours. We turn up to the airport a couple of hours before flight - straight to security and go through to gate. have dropped car off within the hour before now and got to gate as they were starting to board although I wouldn't recommend leaving it that close.

You'll be fine We really like flying Virgin.
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Apricota View Post
The in flight entertainment is great, loads of choice and everyone has it..
Excellent, good to know about the entertainment.

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
I much prefer Virgin to TC. I love flying with them - free drinks, food and little lolly ice and a snack (I love the small things). The entertainment is much better
Fantastic. Sounds like everything should go nice and smoothly!

Originally Posted by Daza View Post
I’ve flown with Virgin 7 times in Economy. In Flight Entertainment is free along with the drinks

I never use Disney Springs to check our cases in.

Staff are superb and we’ve always been looked after

Some of the jumbos are getting retired starting from next month. If you are on a jumbo look at booking your seats from 331 days out. Get anywhere on the upper deck...it’s really good up there. I was off our flight, through immigration, cases collected and out of Alamo in just under 30 mins 2 weeks ago.

Seat space is adequate. I’m 5,10’’ and 15 stone...more than enough space
Ah I see a staggered retirement. I'll be keeping my eyes out for when they release the seat maps. We are a 3 so hoping whichever plane it is we can get a row of 3.

Originally Posted by SophieLou View Post
Hi we've been with virgin twice now and very good. Entertainment is screen on seat in front, loads of films, programs, games etc. Just Google virgin atlantic long haul in flight entertainment and you'll see list of films for that month. Free drink with meal and once in air. Disney springs check in great, works just like you said, hassle free. Not too sure on plane types though! Glad you have managed to rebook!
Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
yes they have inflight entertainment in economy and its really good we flew back with them a couple of weeks ago and between the 2 flights watched - Avengers endgame, captain marvel, aladdin, how to train your dragon hidden world, mary poppins returns, Aquaman. the drinks that come round offered are free of charge and the room I had in economy was also good.

Disney check in is brilliant. Go down to the desks behind cirque du soleil at disney springs, you get rid of your suitcases in the morning and get your boarding passes given to you there and then. We usually go off to a park for the rest of the day then and enjoy our last few hours. We turn up to the airport a couple of hours before flight - straight to security and go through to gate. have dropped car off within the hour before now and got to gate as they were starting to board although I wouldn't recommend leaving it that close.

You'll be fine We really like flying Virgin.
Excellent posts guys, really puts my mind at ease. Good to know we could just go straight to security and go through to gate when gate is called. We'll be at airport nice and early anyway (family likes to be early for things) but means more time to grab a bite to eat before flight. I like to go to chick-fil-a there as we don't see one whilst on the actual holiday (we eat on citywalk most of the time.)

I really appreciate all the help guys. Many thanks!
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I tried nathan chicken and it was very nice