Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lis
Excited about Disney

Mobile End of August

Hello

In the process of rebooking due to Thomas Cook, I have found an absolute bargain but it's earlier than I would normally go on 27th Aug.

What can I expect from the weather? I have been June and July, is it usually as wet as then?

What are the crowds like then? We don't do Disney, but will be doing all other parks.

Will there be halloween decorations up? I'm assuming there will be as I think HHN started on the 9th this year 🤔.

Thanks
Lisa
lis is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyA06
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Crowd will be lighter (we always go last 2 weeks in August) but still as hot and wet.
AndyA06 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lis
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by AndyA06 View Post
Crowd will be lighter (we always go last 2 weeks in August) but still as hot and wet.
Ok thanks
lis is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
nattyk
Imagineer

Mobile

We normally go end of aug and weather can be hit or miss... but we always manage to have an amazing time..
We are looking to book for next year end if aug... who’s the deal with?
2008 (April) - Villa Windsor Hills, 2009 (Dec) - Villa Tuscan Hills, 2012 (Aug) Regal Palms/Marco Island 2013 (Aug) NY & Orlando, 2015 (Aug) AMI & Orlando, 2016 (Aug) Cabana Bay & AMI, 2017 (Dec) Orlando Villa Formosa Gardens
nattyk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TelfordWolf
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

TelfordWolf's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
weather will be hot and humid... maybe more so than early June.
expect a late afternoon downpour each day and most days you wont be disappointed...
It's all good.
July/August 2011,2013,2016,2017,2023 - Highlands Reserve
August 2024 - New York City
TelfordWolf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lis
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It was flight and hotel with BA but it's no longer showing it, so I've left it too late. I usually go early Oct and love it that time of year. I may just wait another month or so for more flights to be released as I really can't stand the rain.
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

We have been in June, October and 3 or 4 times last 2 weeks of August/ 1st week in sept and it’s our absolutely favourite time to go ! Lovely weather, parks are much quieter and of course you get the most amazing labour day weekend sales at premium outlets! DO NOT MISS THIS😂😂 you will love it.
We are taking a chance next year and going mid sept due to a nyc stopover!
Enjoy.
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

We did October in 2017 and it was freezing was so disappointed. This year we did 20th Aug. to (Should have been 3rd) but ended up being 5th Sept. We had one day where there was a torrential downpour and thunder storm one evening. It started around 7pm at night. There was a couple of days where it rained for about 10 mins maybe then dried up. On the 3rd (hurricane day) we had about 15 mins of rain in the morning then it dried up and that was the last I saw. Was in the pool that day til around 7pm then back in the hotel. That was all we saw so weather was fab for us. if it rained at any other time, we missed it either through being in a shop or being asleep!
We far preferred Aug to Oct. - Yes Halloween decs are up and Halloween parties will have started.
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We go last 2 weeks of August into early Sept. 1st week can be busy but then schools go back in most parts of the USA and Europe so it gets quieter as you approach early Sept. Weather very hot and humid but manageable. Just booked for next year at the same time. Had to fly into Tampa this time though for a good deal

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List