Notices

Old 29 May 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
squish
Excited about Disney

How exciting! Where is the wedding? I also get married in Orlando in October x
squish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab plans so far Lisa. Love that you’ve booked CP it’s one of our favourites and I bet the girls will be thrilled!

Will be really lovely to see all the space stuff at KSC through their eyes too, we enjoyed it as adults when we went a few years ago. X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hi Lisa

Just read your pre-trip and am now up to date - you have had a lot of accommodation changes but your final choice sounds great. How lovely to have another wedding trip to look forward to.

Crystal Palace will be a great place to spend the girls birthday especially with you all going. Hope the rest of the planning goes well.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Love the crystal palace👍. Have you decided what to do with your estas yet?
Thanks.

No, I'm ignoring that niggle in the back of my mind at the moment. My Mum and Dad are there now and only recently re-did their ESTA's as they were due to expire while they were away (they're doing a cruise as well so wanted their ESTA to cover the whole trip), and they forgot to add their middle names and had no problems. At the moment I am leaving them as they are.

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Love Crystal Palace breakfast. We are on QSDP too but decided to book Garden Grill breakfast and Ohana dinner and we have gift card too and will pay the rest OOP.
We do too, it's the only meal we have had there.

We've had dinner at garden Grill and loved it there, along with 'Ohana too. Having the gift card for this makes a huge difference.

Originally Posted by squish View Post
How exciting! Where is the wedding? I also get married in Orlando in October x
Thanks. When and where are you getting married? Her wedding is at Cypress Grove.x

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Fab plans so far Lisa. Love that you’ve booked CP it’s one of our favourites and I bet the girls will be thrilled!

Will be really lovely to see all the space stuff at KSC through their eyes too, we enjoyed it as adults when we went a few years ago. X
Thanks Michelle. We love CP too, especially the characters.

I am looking forward to seeing KSC again and Madison is really excited x

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Hi Lisa

Just read your pre-trip and am now up to date - you have had a lot of accommodation changes but your final choice sounds great. How lovely to have another wedding trip to look forward to.

Crystal Palace will be a great place to spend the girls birthday especially with you all going. Hope the rest of the planning goes well.
Oh I know, we had so many changes!

I'm very excited for CP and really hope the girls are happy when they find out.

The rest of the planning is going ok so far, we're at that inbetween part where there's not a lot to do really.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Countdown Chart

We are a bit past 150 days now but I thought I would share our countdown chart.

A couple of weeks before 150 days (well, what the girls think is 150 days), we were in town so picked up a large piece of white card from Paperchase to be able to make a countdown chart again.

After the last four elaborate designs we did (two for each of the 2013 and 2015 trips as we did one for at Mum's house too), we wanted something a bit simpler this time. We decided to go with a Mickey head design.

Phil spent quite a bit of time doing this until he was happy with how the 150 boxes would fit in. We weren't sure what to put around the rest of the card and then decided that if we just cut around the Mickey head, we could fit it on the fridge so that is what he did.

And Kaley colouring the first number

The countdown is coming along nicely now.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow, loving the countdown chart. Don't blame you about the esta, i think if they were enforcing we would have heard by now as there are that many without middle names if someone had been not allowed to travel we would definatly have heard
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Wow, loving the countdown chart. Don't blame you about the esta, i think if they were enforcing we would have heard by now as there are that many without middle names if someone had been not allowed to travel we would definatly have heard
Thank you.

I know, there has been so many threads over the last week or so about ESTA's with people saying they have only just done them and not included middle names and people saying they have done theirs recently and travelled on them fine.

Old 13 Jun 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

I have given up reading them,it's like how long is a piece of string. I am sure we will hear if anything major happens.
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I have given up reading them,it's like how long is a piece of string. I am sure we will hear if anything major happens.
This is so true!

Old 14 Jul 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Assorted Updates

Another massive gap between updates so here are a few:

Autograph Books

We had nothing planned for the afternoon quite a few Sunday's ago and it was raining, so Madison and Kaley asked if they could make their autograph books. We got the books we had bought a few weeks ago from WH Smiths, which were (I think) £4.99 each

Along with the sharpies

And all the stickers I still had leftover from my holiday scrapbooking

I had them write the names of the characters they wanted to do on post its, then had them both stick them in the books in alphabetical order

They had already made lists before doing the post its. They then went through each page and wrote the characters name on the relevant page

After a break for dinner and showers, they then got on with choosing stickers for each page

It didn't take them too long to get this all done and they were soon finished

The only pages we couldn't do were Eeyore and Piglet as we didn't have any stickers with these characters on. I'm hoping I'll be able to pick some up cheaply enough online.

Reveal

I think I promised the reveal of how we told the girls about the holiday ages ago.

How we told the girls was all Phil's idea. He spent some time putting together a quiz, with each correct answer having a picture next to it. They then needed to use a cypher to work out which letter each picture answer was. It also told them where to put the correct letter in the grid they had.

Here's a couple of the question sheets

There were 23 questions in total.

They took it in turns answering them, then using the cypher to see what letter they needed and where it needed to go in their grid. As you can see, Phil hadn't left any spaces on the grid so it wasn't immediately obvious to them what words were being spelled out.

Once they had answered all the questions and had all the letters in the grid, we asked them what it said. It took Madison a couple of attempts and then she read it out

And then seemed to realise what she had just said

They were both so excited and wanted to know where, when, who else, etc.

Sorry it has taken so long to share this, we did this not long after booking last year, so probably late April, early May!

Shopping

It's July and this is my first shopping update, which is so unlike me!

We have bought the girls some clothes recently, I will share these soon, but for now it just a couple of Disney books:
Brit's Guide 2019

I absolutely do not need this but I have a copy of this book for every year that I have been so couldn't not get it.
Disney World Hacks

I probably didn’t need this either but liked the look of it and we have the other books from the same author. What I have read so far is good and there have been some tips I have made a note of already.

Just a selection of the Disney books we have

Car Hire

I hadn't checked the price of my car hire in a while as the price had still been high but I had a look on Friday and the price was less than what I had paid back in November.

It wasn't a huge amount, I had paid £399.90 and it was £392.63 so I modified my booking and saved myself £7.27. Now that the price has come down, I will keep checking every day in case it comes down more.

Update, I looked again today and it was now £390.44 so I modified my booking again and saved another £2.19.

Fast Pass day is in three weeks so we made a start this morning and hope to carry on this week in getting a plan together of which we are going to get.