Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Jun 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
alp1972
VIP Dibber

alp1972's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
USA Inspiration for summer trip !

So we are off to Disney,Universal next year but have nothing planned for this year. We have annual leave from 20th July for 2 weeks give or take and I would really like to go somewhere is the USA but no parks , I dont mind last minute as we have done this many times before but I have absolutely no idea where to go . There will be me DH and 8yrs old daughter . My daughter would love the beach but we are not stuck to 2 weeks on a sun lounger would prefer things to "do" , dont mind some driving have done New York so ideally not there . Can anyone offer some inspiration of where we can go , ideally not massively expensive and not too much planning as we have only a few weeks to go !
Thank you in advance for any inspiring thoughts

2023: Cabana Bay & Portofino Bay 2022: Caribbean Beach Resort / Portofino Bay / Cabana Bay 2020: Coronado Springs/Portofino 2019: Cabana Bay2017: Coronado Springs & Cabana Bay
2016: New York 2015: LBV Resort and Spa & Portofino Bay 2012: LBV Resort and Spa 2010: San Francisco, Las Vegas and St Lucia, Honeymoon
alp1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

If you want to stick to the east coast then Boston or Washington could be good options.

Atlanta is another (especially if anyone is into The Walking Dead series). You could also from there go up to the smokee Mountains.

Further afield then the West coast where you have so much to choose from. You could do the LA San Diego SoCal areas which can give a mix of beach and other things to do. There are smaller theme parks you could do there (Disney is 2 days, Universal 1 etc).

You could do San Francisco, Yosemite national Park, down the Pacific Coast Highway to LA (or through Death Valley to Las Vegas)

South you could do New Orleans, Nashville etc.

Just some ideas.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
alp1972
VIP Dibber

alp1972's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
If you want to stick to the east coast then Boston or Washington could be good options.

Atlanta is another (especially if anyone is into The Walking Dead series). You could also from there go up to the smokee Mountains.

Further afield then the West coast where you have so much to choose from. You could do the LA San Diego SoCal areas which can give a mix of beach and other things to do. There are smaller theme parks you could do there (Disney is 2 days, Universal 1 etc).

You could do San Francisco, Yosemite national Park, down the Pacific Coast Highway to LA (or through Death Valley to Las Vegas)

South you could do New Orleans, Nashville etc.

Just some ideas.
Thank you

2023: Cabana Bay & Portofino Bay 2022: Caribbean Beach Resort / Portofino Bay / Cabana Bay 2020: Coronado Springs/Portofino 2019: Cabana Bay2017: Coronado Springs & Cabana Bay
2016: New York 2015: LBV Resort and Spa & Portofino Bay 2012: LBV Resort and Spa 2010: San Francisco, Las Vegas and St Lucia, Honeymoon
alp1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Not USA but Canada? Fly into Montreal, there is lots to do in Quebec including lakes, whales and parks! One of my favourite places!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Stop and visit some of the National Parks. You can fly into Las Vegas and visit the Utah parks-Bryce and Zion, Or into Boston and drive up the coast to Arcadia National Park

You can combine a trip to Philadelphia with the New Jersey shore or Washington DC is great-Federal museums.attractions are free and you can get a room for a reasonable rate just outside of the city and take public transportation into the city. If you need some sun and sand Maryland and Delaware have nice beaches.

Personally, I would look for flights for a decent fare and then plan your vacation.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

What about Savannah and Tybee Island lots to do and see there
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Maybe consider Canada, as the pound is stronger against the Canadian dollar than the US dollar, and its a wonderful country. They have some ideas for multi centres or self drives on here - canadiansky.
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
alp1972
VIP Dibber

alp1972's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you everyone !

Old 15 Jun 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve just landed in Texas (well...yesterday, currently wide awake at 3am) and it’s amazing...we flew direct from Manchester with Singapore and honestly I’d come again just for the flight, it was fab and cheaper than a flight to Orlando.

Can’t tell you much about Houston as we drove over to San Antonio straight off the flight but goodness this place is so pretty!

Horse riding in the hills today if I’m not asleep by then 💤
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
alp1972
VIP Dibber

alp1972's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
I’ve just landed in Texas (well...yesterday, currently wide awake at 3am) and it’s amazing...we flew direct from Manchester with Singapore and honestly I’d come again just for the flight, it was fab and cheaper than a flight to Orlando.

Can’t tell you much about Houston as we drove over to San Antonio straight off the flight but goodness this place is so pretty!

Horse riding in the hills today if I’m not asleep by then 💤
Enjoy it sounds amazing !