Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 Jun 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Heathrow airport to Gatwick airport

Hi my daughter will need to get from Heathrow airport on the night of 5th August to a Gatwick airport hotel, before flying out to us in Vegas on the 6 th. Does anyone have any suggestions on a company to use or the best way of getting between the two airports? Thanks

Edited at 07:29 AM.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubba31
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We used National Express bus, wasn't great but got us there.
Highgate Park, HRH, Loews Miami Beach & Key West 2016, Calabay Parc at Tower Lake & Bahamas Cruise 2013, Highgate Park 2011, Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba 2010, Highlands Reserve 2009, 3 Weeks At Westridge / Country Creek 2008, Sunset Ridge 2007, Westridge 2006
Bubba31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bubba31 View Post
We used National Express bus, wasn't great but got us there.
Thank you When you say it wasn’t great, how bad was it,lol. Although alas a student she’s used to it
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubba31
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

When we used it it was a free for all with people jumping the queue and arguments breaking out. People are stressed trying to get to the other airport for connecting flights etc.
Our bus tickets had a time on them but it didn't seem to make a difference who got on the bus first.
Its probably still the cheapest option but just be prepared, that all I mean.
Highgate Park, HRH, Loews Miami Beach & Key West 2016, Calabay Parc at Tower Lake & Bahamas Cruise 2013, Highgate Park 2011, Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba 2010, Highlands Reserve 2009, 3 Weeks At Westridge / Country Creek 2008, Sunset Ridge 2007, Westridge 2006
Bubba31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

My Dad and I had to transfer between Gatwick and Heathrow on the way out and way back from our recent jaunt. We used BA Transfers. They were fine, the only thing I’d say is they didn’t live track our flight, which arrived early, and we were hanging around waiting for quite awhile. I’d put collection 1 hour after landing so as not to keep the driver waiting but next time I’d just put the landing time. It was £57 each way.
Old 22 Jun 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We used batransfers and they were an hour late. I’d built plenty of time in so it was ok but I was unimpressed when they cited traffic as the reason. In that business I think you should be aware of the local traffic and building it into your plans.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thanks for that Chris 😊

Kate I would have thought they would be live tracking flights and I totally agree with you Bev, in that line of work that is a ridiculous excuse unless it’s something of mass proportions and totally unexpected

It seems either option isn’t great so she’ll be going with the cheapest
Old 22 Jun 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I live near Gatwick and I've got the National Express to Heathrow a few times and it worked well. I once got there a bit early and they let me get on an earlier bus so I can't fault them from a budget and customer service point of view.
RachaelC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

The National Express is fine and will be much cheaper for a single traveller
Old 22 Jun 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We used national express. Heathrow to Gatwick 2 adults two children, absolutely fine and earlier you book cheaper it is.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List