Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Aug 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
All feels very similar to one of our first DCL cruise in 2011 when Hurricane Irene - en.wikipedia/wiki/Hurricane_Irene - was about to hit.

We thought "surely they'll not sail" but they did, and it was absolutely fine. The Dream just navigated a path that reduced the impact of the storm and, although it was a bit choppy at times, it was fine.

The ships are massive and can ride through a lot, and Disney won't do anything to put guest safety in danger.

I'm sure you'll have a fab time!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Were you able to stop and visit a port? At the moment the 2 stops that are planned are not going to be safe and I do not want to spend 3 bumpy days going nowhere and ended up stranded in another port missing out on more of the holiday because it is not safe to transfer us back!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
On their website, DCL say that if you call you can change your sail date free of charge. If you’re so worried, do that. Worth it if it’ll put your mind at ease. The Disney ships are great, even if you don’t stop at a port, you won’t be bored, particularly as your cruise is only three days, and trying to walk down hallways in choppy seas is actually quite fun

Don’t forget, It’s a pain for DCL too if they have to make changes, so they will do their best to keep to normality, so long as it’s safe. I know it’s frustrating, but it’s much better to be in the position of wondering how much a coach from Miami to Orlando is going to cost, rather than wondering how much it is going to cost to rebuild your home.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**

Edited at 05:50 PM.
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
Were you able to stop and visit a port? At the moment the 2 stops that are planned are not going to be safe and I do not want to spend 3 bumpy days going nowhere and ended up stranded in another port missing out on more of the holiday because it is not safe to transfer us back!
You have the option here to change, and at least you know what's happening. Hope you get sorted.
Disney Dream – Friday, August 30
Based on Hurricane Dorian’s current location and projected path, we have determined that it is safe for Disney Dream to set sail on Friday as originally scheduled. Once the ship departs Port Canaveral, it will keep a safe distance from the storm. Depending on its path, there is a possibility that we may need to modify the itinerary, including not being able to return to Port Canaveral on Monday. We will continue to monitor weather forecasts throughout the sailing and adjust as needed.
Guests that do not want to sail on Friday, must call us at 866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 by noon on Friday. Guests will then have until October 31 to choose a new sail date. They may change their reservation to a later date without incurring a change fee, though there may be a difference in price depending on the new sailing selected.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
I echo what Jason says - if you don't want to sail, then cancel and rebook. You won't be charged a cancellation fee, but you will have to pay the difference in price between your booking and the one you choose - that could be more of course so be aware.

But honestly? Stay with it - 3 days is nothing on a ship, especially if it's your first time. The time will fly by and they will put more activities on if they're forced to stay at sea.
I know it's disappointing for you, but I'd stick with it and hope they can't dock on Monday - woohooooo free days onboard!
Old 29 Aug 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
I echo what Jason says - if you don't want to sail, then cancel and rebook. You won't be charged a cancellation fee, but you will have to pay the difference in price between your booking and the one you choose - that could be more of course so be aware.

But honestly? Stay with it - 3 days is nothing on a ship, especially if it's your first time. The time will fly by and they will put more activities on if they're forced to stay at sea.
I know it's disappointing for you, but I'd stick with it and hope they can't dock on Monday - woohooooo free days onboard!
Bats - noooo! we want to board on the Monday .
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Bats - noooo! we want to board on the Monday .
Oh yes sorry! Well, how about they can't get you onboard on Monday so they give you a free cruise to use whenever you want - concierge of course!

Joa
Old 29 Aug 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Oh yes sorry! Well, how about they can't get you onboard on Monday so they give you a free cruise to use whenever you want - concierge of course!

Joa
Oh, ok, go on then!
To be honest, we're being very calm about it - I'm more concerned about the flight on Sunday going. If the cruise is cancelled we'll use our pre cruise night at the airport hotel to look for a decent hotel and have some nice meals and chill out till WDW; if it's shortened by a night we'll enjoy whatever they offer. Just looking forward to getting away.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 29 Aug 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

On the Facebook groups and via live chat Disney cruise line have advised its being changed to a 5 night cruise to Mexico and coming to castaway cay on Tuesday and docking Wednesday.
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Wappum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yep, we were sent an email advising it’s changed to a 5 day cruise - so we’ve ditched our planned trip to New York and booked bargain Norwegian flights back to London on the 4th. So it’s cost £1400 in new flights but I have a credit from Delta for the cancelled flights to New York of £1300 which I’ll use against flights next year
So a hectic 2hrs of swapping stuff around but the kids have been looking forward to the cruise for over a year so I couldn't face postponing it and disappointing them
Wappum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List