Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Sep 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

[QUOTE=dippiedawnie;14046317]We did a Baltic cruise this year it was amazing. Tallinn and St Petersburgh are stunning places. We sailed on 1st August from Copenhagen so spent a few days there. One of the best holidays we have done.[/QUOTE

That sounds like another interesting itinerary. Which ship were you on?
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post
We sailed on the Independence of the Seas last week. It was one of the best holidays we've had. We're on the Azura next year but would love to switch to Anthem of the Seas after last week. Trouble is, it's twice the price of our balcony cabin for an inside.
We loved Harmony of the seas and enjoyed the ship more than the ports so I am hoping to find another ship that we can enjoy with some interesting ports. Royal Caribbean are fantastic aren't they and I feel a bit nervous to try another cruise line now. A work colleague of mine has been on the Azura and she enjoyed it but her children are grown up.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I know you said no to Florida again but we just had a fabulous holiday on NCL Breakaway out of Miami to Belize, Honduras and Mexico. We like NCL and Royal Caribbean but keep getting better prices on the former with free drinks packages included. We like NCL as it's very laid back and the entertainment is excellent. We've just arrived home and already booking again for May.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Echo18 View Post
I know you said no to Florida again but we just had a fabulous holiday on NCL Breakaway out of Miami to Belize, Honduras and Mexico. We like NCL and Royal Caribbean but keep getting better prices on the former with free drinks packages included. We like NCL as it's very laid back and the entertainment is excellent. We've just arrived home and already booking again for May.
Thank you I definitely don't want to go to Florida again. Have you been on any other NCL or Royal Caribbean ships and how do they compare? I am not bothered about drinks packages because one or two drinks a week is plenty for us (must be getting old).
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
Thank you I definitely don't want to go to Florida again. Have you been on any other NCL or Royal Caribbean ships and how do they compare? I am not bothered about drinks packages because one or two drinks a week is plenty for us (must be getting old).
We've been on a NCL Jade and NCL Epic, as well as Royal Caribbean Independence, Voyager and Adventure of Seas. We've mainly done Med itineraries. I'd happily sail on either cruise line again so the deciding factor would be price and itinerary. Barcelona is a good and easy departure port for Med cruises. Would love to do a Baltic cruise but I think the cost of excursions will be high for that itinerary even if you organise your own.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

[QUOTE=Vinniecat;14051585]
Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
We did a Baltic cruise this year it was amazing. Tallinn and St Petersburgh are stunning places. We sailed on 1st August from Copenhagen so spent a few days there. One of the best holidays we have done.[/QUOTE

That sounds like another interesting itinerary. Which ship were you on?
Were doing that itinerary next year on celebrity on the silhouette. We loved the silhouette after having previously over cruised rcl.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I have been on Harmony of the Seas, and although its amazing, was just too big for me, I prefer Anthem, still loads to do and a smaller, nicer design for me. My favourite ships are Celebrity Reflection and Celebrity Silhouette, they are just beautiful. Not as many ‘toys’ as RCL, but lovely designed ships and really great food etc.

My favourite itineraries are Adriatic, Greek Islands, and would love to do Alaska one day... our next cruise is 10 night Caribbean on Reflection.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I have been on Harmony of the Seas, and although its amazing, was just too big for me, I prefer Anthem, still loads to do and a smaller, nicer design for me. My favourite ships are Celebrity Reflection and Celebrity Silhouette, they are just beautiful. Not as many ‘toys’ as RCL, but lovely designed ships and really great food etc.

My favourite itineraries are Adriatic, Greek Islands, and would love to do Alaska one day... our next cruise is 10 night Caribbean on Reflection.
Thank you some more good suggestions there. I do know what you mean about the ship being too big, I thought that at first but it certainly grew on me as there was plenty to entertain us all and I loved the service. I am quite happy to go on a smaller one next time though.
Old 3 Sep 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
Thank you some more good suggestions there. I do know what you mean about the ship being too big, I thought that at first but it certainly grew on me as there was plenty to entertain us all and I loved the service. I am quite happy to go on a smaller one next time though.
I couldn't see the sea if that makes sense! And for the first time ever, felt a little worried about safety should anything happen.
I have a cruise blog (mybigfatcruise) if you wanted see photos from Anthem or Celebrity (and of course Fred Olsen who I work for!) I do love a cruise...

Have fun choosing your next one.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 12:51 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I couldn't see the sea if that makes sense! And for the first time ever, felt a little worried about safety should anything happen.
I have a cruise blog (mybigfatcruise) if you wanted see photos from Anthem or Celebrity (and of course Fred Olsen who I work for!) I do love a cruise...

Have fun choosing your next one.
Brilliant thanks I will take a look.