Old 26 Sep 19, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Today was our slowest of days! We got up around 9am and headed down to Alvor harbour for some coffee and breakfast! We went to a harbour side cafe and ordered coffee first then ordered a full English breakfast and another drink. I had a fresh orange juice and Reubs had another coffee. The breakfast was ok, a bit salty for me but Reuben loved it. We left at about 11:30am and drove back to our hotel!

There is not much else to say about the rest of our day! We had plans to head to another town but decided against this and instead stayed by the hotel pool all afternoon. We played a couple of games of cards and sun bathed by the pool! I listened to a bit more of my Disney podcast, already planning the next holiday whilst I’m on this one! 😂 Perfect way to relax and we very much enjoyed today’s slow pace. We went for a walk along the beach around 4pm and on the way back popped in to the supermarket to pick up a few extra bits for the room! Afterwards I hoped in the shower to cool down as today was mega hot, got ready and then we had a drink on the balcony and a few crisps before we headed back to Alvor for our evening.

We walked down to Alvor and went into a new cocktail bar we hadn’t tired before. It was great, very friendly service. We ordered two daiquiri’s, one strawberry and one pineapple - both fantastic! We then had two more drinks at this bar before getting the bill and going to get some dinner.

We had decided to eat at a small Italian restaurant tonight along the main road. It was very busy but we got seated straight away. The service was fast but food was perhaps a little slow to come out, this could’ve been due to the fact we were eagerly anticipating its arrival! I ordered Mozzarella sticks and a lasagne and Reuben had calamari and a meat pizza. It was all great! Very filling and it was good quality food. We had a bottle of water, a wine and two beers with our meal and it came under €50! Very good value for what we had.

Predictably we headed to our fave ice cream place for some dessert, ordering the same as the times before! We started to walk home about 10pm but instead we decided we would stay out tonight and head to a karaoke bar! The bar was of good atmosphere and although it wasn’t packed everyone was up for having a good laugh and taking part! We each did a few songs, Reubs did don’t look back in anger, this was the real hit of the evening 😂 We had a really good night and ended up getting back to our hotel for 1am
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Loving your report, my family has a cottage in Praia da luz and we quite often visit Alvor so will try some of thee restaurants for lunch next time!
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Enjoying reading about your Portuguese sun. Making me want to visit the Algarve again !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by lexie32 View Post
Loving your report, my family has a cottage in Praia da luz and we quite often visit Alvor so will try some of thee restaurants for lunch next time!
Thank you! Yes I would definitely recommend them, you can’t really go wrong
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Enjoying reading about your Portuguese sun. Making me want to visit the Algarve again !
Thanks for reading 😃 It is lovely here !
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

Are you stopping in Luna Bay? Dopey me, I scrolled past that bit
we stopped there in May 2018, lovely hotel and we really did like Alvor

Edited at 10:16 AM.
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by stevo25 View Post
Are you stopping in Luna Bay?
Yes we are !
Old 26 Sep 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounding like a lovely holiday with lovely looking food!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Day 6! Our sleepiest of mornings! We didn’t wake up today until 9:45am! Much later then we had been getting up. It was already very warm outside today so after a coffee and some Oreos on the balcony ( a healthy breakfast I know ) we decided to go down to the beach. We had a small walk along the bay and set up camp on the beach! We both went fully in the water today as it was calm and crystal clear! It was beautiful, we sat on the beach for a little while after before heading back to the hotel for midday! We then sat on the deck and had a fresh orange juice in the sun ☀️

We went up to our room around 1pm and were showered and out again by 1:45pm! We walked about 10 mins down the road from the hotel to Reuben’s favourite restaurant, Al Dente. It was such a lovely atmosphere around lunch time as it was so sunny and they open up the sides of the building ! We ordered goats cheese and honey bruschetta each and a cheese and ham pizza. We ordered the same as each other and also both had a beer each! The food was fantastic! This is the first time we had had starters at lunch, we were so so full but the starter was well worth it! We both managed to finish all of the pizzas as well! The whole meal came under €40, such fantastic value! We walked back to the hotel around 3pm feeling extremely full but very satisfied. Back down to the pool deck to lay in the sun and take a dip in the pool- a fantastic afternoon!

We made it down to Alvor for about 6:30pm this evening. We went for a couple of drinks in Tortuga tarvern, the pirate themed bar, we stayed here until about 9pm. We both still very full from lunch so waited a while before going for dinner.

We ended up deciding on the same steak house we’d been to a couple of nights before , it was perhaps our favourite meal of the holiday so we thought we’d go again! We pretty much ordered the same too! A beer , a wine - two portions of chicken wings to start and a steak each. I had a fillet with pepper sauce with spinach and Reubs had ribeye with chips- the exact same as we had last time! Again it was really lovely food! But I must say not quiet as good as last time- my spinach was a little more bland! We passed on dessert as we were both soo full!

We then wandered back up to the hotel about 10:30 to head to bed- both very tired after a hard day of relaxing. We are planning to actually do a bit more tomorrow! The holiday so far has been fantastic but I am looking forward to not being so full all the time, there’s too much temptation here !

Here is a photo I took of our hotel tonight too as I never included one at the start

Old 27 Sep 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
And on to our final full day in the Gorgeous sunshine! We woke up around 10am this morning, finally starting to relax and we fly home tomorrow! We went for a stroll along the beach after coffee and Oreos on the balcony again. We walked all the way up to the cliffs and rocks this morning , it was pretty busy in comparison to our first day when we did this. It was much sunnier though and I think this was why. None the less it was a lovely walk along the bay.

We came back up to the room and were on our way out again by 12:30. We were heading to Ferragudo for some lunch and a wander around. Once we had parked up we walked to the main square and picked a place to have some lunch. We choose a restaurant called ‘Barrill’. We ordered a full lunch menu, so we had a beer each and bread and olives to start followed by a starter- I had a salad and Reubs had a fish soup. My salad was very meh - there was no dressing or anything however Reubs loved his soup. I then went for a grilled salmon and Reubs had sardines. Mine was fantastic , the best salmon I’d ever had! Reubs said his was also lovely- although it really creeped me out that they had the heads on with all the bones and bleh... im not great with fish lol! We then followed these by a chocolate mousse, which again was lovely! We got all this for €26 - amazing!

We then went for a walk around Ferragudo harbour. Again it was stunning you could see the fish in the water as it was so clear, we also stumbled upon a beautiful bay! We had a walk along , the water was so still, and at the bottom of the beach was a castle! It was unfortunately locked up but it was beautiful to look at anyways. We then had a stroll back to the car, it was sooo warm by this point! We decided to do the mini golf on the way home- again we had a great time but today was probably a little too hot to be doing this! There was no shade what so ever. We did however beat our scores from last time, I ended on 62 and Reubs on 60!

Once we arrived back at the hotel we were desperate to find a way to cool down. We quickly got in to our swim wear and walked to the beach. Dived straight in to the sea... it was Fab! Such a lovely way to end our afternoon. After a little sit on the beach we headed back up to the room around 5pm to chill and get ready for the evening. We headed out to Alvor in a taxi around 6:45. Went for a few drinks in mourijco the cocktail bar and Tortuga tavern and the we decided to get some dinner. We didn’t end up getting too far however as Reubs is an avid stoke city fan and we walked past the sports bar streaming the game just as a goal had happened! We stopped for a quick one here so he could watch the first half !

We then headed on the our chosen restaurant for the evening, gusto. We had found this place on google as it has amazing Reviews- and lives up to them! Firstly we were bought out fresh bread with olive oil and balsamic. We ordered a specialty meat and cheese and bruschetta board to start- amazing! Huge but just amazing, every last bit was great, the red wine jam was a real highlight. I then had a bolognese pasta and Reubs had a carbonara! Again both great. I had a wine and Reubs had a beer and the total came to €53, again what amazing value ! We then ended our final night with our favourite ice creams for the walk back to our hotel. We had a relatively early night and were in bed by 11:30!

Edited at 11:22 PM.