Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Feb 15, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

CE multi advantages for AP?

Hi, the last time we bought APs (3 years ago) we used the CE multi advantages website. I was planning to buy new ones from there but notice it now says that Disneyland Paris offers are only available for French customers. Does that mean I can't buy them at all from there?

(Apologies if this is an old question! I have tried searching the forum but couldn't find any information)

Thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 15, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
caspdex
Apprentice Imagineer

That's correct, you could try here

supertrips/book-ticke...s-combination/
caspdex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 15, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks, I have just been looking there. Unfortunately it is still a lot more expensive than through ce multi
Old 1 Mar 15, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think Supertrips is as good as it gets now for us Brits
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 15, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Technically, under EU legislation, they cannot offer a price to one country only (i.e. France). Whilst they don't have to advertise it to all EU territories, they must if asked, make that offer available to a customer from another country within the EU if asked.
Disneyland Paris fell foul of this a few years back which is why they stopped their local offers based on post codes etc. They currently get around it by only advertising the passes in French - which puts a lot of people off as they presume it to be only available to French residents.

Whether the original vendor you were looking at buying them from actually abides by this legislation though is another matter and there's not much you can do about it if they say no.
Old 1 Mar 15, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Really, keiko315? I wonder how I go about using this information to my advantage?! I assume people have tried asking/emailing them in the past and not had any luck?

It really would make a big difference to me - our passes are £470 on supertrips, and approx. £320 on CE multi.
Old 1 Mar 15, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't know with this particular firm. It would depend on a couple of things:

1. Where are they based? If in the UK, then it's much easier to argue your case with them.
2. If you mention it to them, then you would have to be confident that you know what you are talking about (or at least appear that way) and that you know you are in the right. Maybe threatening to take the matter further with authorities.

However it is not a criminal matter, so to take things further legally could end up being costly to you - unless you get someone who wants to take the case on FOC or point out to Disneyland Paris that this firm are selling their products but breaching legislation that could get them in trouble as well. The other option would be to go to the media, but that would probably have little/limited effect.

I would suggest that the most realistic thing to do is mention it if they refuse for you to make the purchase. You never know, they may just let you do it with a higher postage fee to get the documents to you?

Failing that, just buy a lot more souvenirs whilst you're there to get an additional £150 worth of discounts!
Old 1 Mar 15, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

The APs Supertrips sell actually originate from CEM
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 15, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh goodness, I wouldn't want to take things any further than just asking them!

I didn't know that jazzluva, why are they so much more expensive then?!

Edited at 08:57 PM.
Old 1 Mar 15, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caspdex
Apprentice Imagineer

They are running a business basically, still cheaper than buying them at Disney.
caspdex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread