Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 May 15, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Got Email re sequoia Lodge

I've received an email today telling me that the pool will be closed during our stay in November. Can they just do that and expect you to be perfectly happy with it? I won't make an issue of it but just wondered if this was a regular ok thing to expect guests to be happy with after booking? I could have booked Cheyenne for much cheaper if I wanted a hotel with no pool!

Edited at 04:38 PM.
LISAM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 15, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
alkaz
slightly serious Dibber

alkaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are booked in Nov. No email yet. We did know the pool would be closed as read it on The Dibb. Do they say what dates? I would imagine you probably could change hotel if it was an issue for you, but not sure.

Best Western Movieland, I-drive: May 2004

Hampton Lakes: May 2007

Disneyland California, Utah and Las Vegas: May 2010
Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne: May 2013
alkaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 15, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Well, the resort is open 365 days a year...when should they refurbish the pool? I'm confused about the bit about Cheyenne, as it doesn't have a pool, and so it would be cheaper.

Why not phone up reservations and see what they can do for you?

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 15, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

I meant that if I had wanted a hotel with no pool I would have booked the Cheyenne. Instead I'm paying the higher price of a hotel with a pool and it won't be open.
Of course they have to refurb, I'm not disputing that and would expect nothing less of Disney.we would all complain if things were getting run down, just that I booked it in February in anticipation of a lovely pool and get an email in May saying its closed. I don't think its unreasonable to be disappointed and think you're being a bit harsh on me tbh.
Old 20 May 15, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Sorry you feel that way Lisa, nothing harsh was intended

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 15, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alkaz View Post
We are booked in Nov. No email yet. We did know the pool would be closed as read it on The Dibb. Do they say what dates? I would imagine you probably could change hotel if it was an issue for you, but not sure.
Sorry it just says that it will be closed during our dates, it's not specific.
I'll just have to suck it up, just got a bit of a downer that's all.
It's just my daughter and me so we were looking forward to some chilled girly time.
We'll still have a fab time though
Old 20 May 15, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I'm sure if you contacted them and explained your disappointment they would allow you to change to the Cheyenne if you prefer. I'll be honest, the Sequoia Lodge is the perfect choice at this time of year in my opinion, regardless of the pool - in 15 trips we have not yet found time to go for a swim!
If it was important to you, give them a call and ask for options

I'd opt for chilled girly time in the amazing Redwood bar with a couple of Glowtinis

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index

Edited at 08:53 PM.
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 15, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Axi1
Earning More Ears

I recently priced up for our November trip on the Disney website and on the price & availability pages it says ...

Sequoia Lodge - Swimming pool closed from 8th to 12th June, and from 2nd November to 13 December 2015.

Newport Bay - Pool closure: 18 - 22 May and 23 Nov - 4 Dec 2015. Refurbishment phase until Autumn 2015 (including exterior, public areas and some rooms).

Like you Melanie R, I've stayed at Sequoia a few times over the years but never managed to fit in a swim ... I have found time for a few glowtinis though
Axi1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 15, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Glowtinis sound delish! We've stayed at Sequoia lodge before and loved it but did find time for the pool and enjoyed it . We've stayed at Cheyenne as well and loved it too. I don't really think we could go wrong with either. We will stick with what we have as I got a good price to upgrade to Golden forest so we will indulge ourselves in extra food instead
Like I said I was just initially disappointed when I read the email today but feel very lucky to be going at all.
Old 20 May 15, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Can't go wrong with the Golden Forest - we loved the lounge and the daily fastpass was invaluable for Ratatouille each day.
Can't imagine a trip to Disney without a Glowtini - definitely worth trying if you haven't had one

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread