Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Oct 15, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
icecreamgirl
I want to go now!

Mobile Hotel New York

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel New York? We have booked to stay in November and I would love to hear your experiences
icecreamgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Maxymoo
Excited about Disney

We have stayed 3 times and the last time about 3 weeks ago. It is my favorite hotel. Closest to the parks ( except DLh) so at the end of a long day this is a v big plus! Breakfast few waited 5 mins max and there is cooked options - we found all the other hotels including DLh a bit of a bun fight and often had to queue. Our room was fine- this yr it did look a little worn but due for a refurb so to be expected. All the staff were great - my mum had a saga with her passport and they spent hours trying to help.
Maxymoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 15, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Im staying there in November too. Looking forward to it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 15, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dodgeintrepid
Excited about Disney

Staid there 2 years ago it's great very near the parks and the Disney village. It feels more grown up than the others, no Disney theming at all. The bar was nice. When you go down to breakfast ask for the Manhatten resturant much nicer atmosphere than the diner. Have a great time.
dodgeintrepid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 15, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post

We've stayed there a few times because you can get some fabulous rates using AP discount. In fact, I'm back there again in a fortnight for Halloween.

HNY is certainly is more suited for Adults or older kids. However there's LOADS to Disney theming - it's just a lot more subtle than in other hotels and, like with Hidden Mickeys, you have to look around to see it.

The pool is the biggest of the "On Site" hotels with an extended part that goes outside and is used in the summer. It can get very busy - especially early evening or just after park close in the winter months. It also lacks a very shallow end so not ideal for swimmers who aren't too confident.

The Manhattan restaurant is great in the evenings too. It's a wonderful sit down experience and they often have someone playing the piano whilst you dine. For breakfast, I personally prefer the diner. That's because it's more of a; "get in, get your food and leave for the parks" kind of place. Certainly if you want it more relaxed then I too would recommend Manhattan. Whilst you do not get a choice of where to eat breakfast, if you ask for somewhere specific, they will do their best to meet your request.

If you've got any specific questions about the hotel or anything, please do ask.
Old 17 Oct 15, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post

A lot of the reviews I've read for this on trip advisor have been bad recently which has worried me slightly. Then again people seem to complain over the smallest of things.
Old 17 Oct 15, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by QueenPresley View Post
A lot of the reviews I've read for this on trip advisor have been bad recently which has worried me slightly. Then again people seem to complain over the smallest of things.
what are people complaining about currently -
eta - just had a look at this month's reviews on tripadvisor, most of the reviewers give the hotel 4 or 5 rating out of 5.
one person was clearly put out and being asked to open the boot of his car by the security guard at the hotel entrance, one mentioned it being overpriced (which it is, its a Disney onsite hotel after all), and a few mention having to wait to be seated for breakfast - nothing new there, that happens in all the onsite hotels.

Edited at 09:45 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 15, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by QueenPresley View Post
Yeah, I personally wouldn't worry about it. TripAdvisor is one of those sites that whatever you read should be taken with a pinch of salt. There are some people out there with far too much time on their hands and unfortunately they have access to a keyboard 🙈
Old 18 Oct 15, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We stayed in 2009 with a 6y/o and a 1y/o we loved it. Great price, great location. Breakfast was good and room was fantastic. You will have a great time, enjoy 😊
Old 21 Oct 15, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
what are people complaining about currently -
eta - just had a look at this month's reviews on tripadvisor, most of the reviewers give the hotel 4 or 5 rating out of 5.
one person was clearly put out and being asked to open the boot of his car by the security guard at the hotel entrance, one mentioned it being overpriced (which it is, its a Disney onsite hotel after all), and a few mention having to wait to be seated for breakfast - nothing new there, that happens in all the onsite hotels.
I did read that one along with people saying about peeling wallpaper, no kettles in rooms and outdated decor as well as the breakfast which surprised me as I always found people to speak highly of the breakfast.
Closed Thread