Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Mar 16, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Finally booked! Tips please!

We are so excited that we are finally booked for a 2 night stay in September! We are Disney World and Disneyland California veterans, but feel a bit lost for Disneyland Paris.
This is our first trip to Paris too, so we can only allot this short time for DLP. In the little research I've done, I *think* we want to have 2 sit down meals. One at Walt's and one at Remy's but we can work in one more on our arrival day. Where would you recommend? Character meals are fine but we have really done character meals a lot and unless there is something special about it or the food is really great too, it's not necessary.
I understand we don't have to plan out as much as we do at WDW but are there any tips for park plans (Which rides to go to first to minimize waits?) (Which rides to get FPs for.) We will have access and intend to use the early opening too.
Are there any special snacks or treats to try at DLP? There are famous must try snacks at both WDW and DL. Hoping for something good at DLP too.
Just so excited to think about this trip! Thanks for any tips you can give us!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 16, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
A ride to get a FP for would be Space Mountain - It's actually a lot better in Disneyland Paris (but other than that everything else is better in Disney World and Disneyland California) so don't worry there's nothing exceptionally special!
Current trip report:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1233648

Finn family is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 16, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I'd be at the Studios park one of your mornings for around 9.20am, as it opens at 9.30am and usually the rides are up and running before 10am official park opening time. At 9.30 follow the fast-walkers to the Crush queue (as thats where they'll be going ) - this way you can be on and off that ride before 10am. Do FP for Ratatouille (FP machines open at 10am) and then ride as single riders after that (minimal if any queueing). Toy Story Playland is cute and has a couple of good rides - RC Racer and Parachute Drop (both of these also have single rider). Cars Rally ride is far too short but great fun for all the family. Art of Animation and the room it takes place in is great for little ones, lots of stuff for them to do.

I don't really rate any of the restaurants at DLP apart from the ones you've already chosen, and with a young family I'd not want to shoehorn another table service restaurant in just for the sake of it.

Its a shame you'll miss Big Thunder Mountain - its better at DLP . Phantom Manor is different than Haunted Mansion (no 999 happy ghosts here). Pirates of the Caribbean is cool, and usually has minimal waits.
The castle isn't just a building at DLP - you can go inside (glass-blower and crystal shop on one side, Christmas shop on the other), upstairs (Sleeping Beauty tableau in stained glass and some really nice features - tapestries, suits of armour etc), out onto the small balcony to look out over Fantasyland, and then down into the dungeon to meet the Dragon under the castle.

Oh, and how can I forget my favourite thing at DLP - Disney Dreams! at the end of the park day - watch it every night .

Edited at 11:50 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 16, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Great advice, thank you! Just what I was hoping for.

We will have three evenings at DLP, so I think three restaurants will be fine. Additionally, are there any recommended quick service places/food?
Old 31 Mar 16, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Inventions is a great character meal with superb food, and you get to see inside the beautiful Disneyland Hotel.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 16, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree with sammykitten. For me, there are no stand out restaurants but if you're looking for a counter service meal, I would recommend Colonel Hathi' s Pizza Hut for the ambiance (they sometimes have African drummers there) or Fuente del Oro for large portions of Mexican food that are easily shared. We also like Plaza Gardens as a buffet meal.

You have GOT to watch Dreams; it's much better than Wishes in my opinion. We also think Peter Pan is better than the one in WDW, but either ride during EMH or use a FP as the queues are horrendous. If you do Space Mountain, beware - it is VERY different from the one at WDW.

If you have time, have a wander round Alice's Curious Labyrinth. We really like this but we know Alice's story inside out.

Have a great time!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 16, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

for Counter Service I'd also go along with clochette's recommendations - but its counter service at DLP, most certainly not quick service, so be prepared .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 16, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
To be honest I rarely bother with counter service. Not quick, not hot, overpriced.

By contrast there is superb TS food - Walt's, Blue Lagoon, Remy, Inventions, California Grill (more like V&A at WDW), Steakhouse, Manhattan, Yacht Club ... I'm hungry now!

However, we have had reasonable CS at Colonel Hathi's, Fuente del'Oro, Market House Deli (nice Croque Monsieur) and of course Earl of Sandwich.

I try to avoid Cafe Hyperion because the queues are glacially slow for a so-so burger - but now that Jedi Training is there and they have themed the burgers as 'Jedi burger' and 'Vader burger' (with a black bun) you may want to try it!

In Studios, don't follow the herd at En Coulisse - crazy queues and crap food. Instead you might like Blockbuster Cafe - always quiet and the croque monsieur meal deal is great value.

Do check the closing times for Walt and Remy. Last March the last sitting was 3pm. They close much earlier than the parks.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 16, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone for this great information!
Old 1 Apr 16, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
daisy and ruby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Food wise we loved Walt's, chez Remy, cafe Mickey and Annettes. You have to ho see stitch live, was so funny. We also liked a small world, art of animation and ratatouille and stunt show. Have fun. Also agree dreams and the parade.
daisy and ruby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread