Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jul 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

virgin help

looking for advice our final payment is due tomorrow with virgin holidays of £3K. We have decided that we will not be going in October as its far too risky. Our flights coming home is mco-man-edi. Now before covid had begun flybe were no longer operating, I spoke to virgin and they had advised me that someone would be in contact to discuss my options for the flight home. Then Covid happened and i received no phone call which is far enough as that was more important. My question is where do I stand now? I've managed to speak to virgin via whats app today and all they said was that i can move my booking to next year and that i would have to pay £50pp. I was hoping they would give me the option to a credit voucher to use at a later date. But i havent heard anything back. Since my flight back home no longer exists am i Entitled to my deposit back that I paid since they havent informed me of a change of airport etc? It's just rather frustrating that I cant speak to them on the phone plus I dont want to lose £900 deposit either. Any advice would be much appreciated

rhu115 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm of the opinion that if VH have cancelled any leg of your itinerary you are entitled to a full refund.
Old 14 Jul 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

No you will have to pay the £50 pp. We moved our October 2020 trip to October 2021 and had no option but to pay the extra fee ourselves.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
I'm of the opinion that if VH have cancelled any leg of your itinerary you are entitled to a full refund.
This is what I am hoping for, my booking still states that I'm flying into Manchester and home to edinburgh so that even hasnt been updated yet which is rather frustrating as you would want to know how you are getting home!

rhu115 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rhu115 View Post
This is what I am hoping for, my booking still states that I'm flying into Manchester and home to edinburgh so that even hasnt been updated yet which is rather frustrating as you would want to know how you are getting home!
Was this all booked as a package? As your flight was indirect they can route you via any route, assuming you’re landing not too far away from the original time. I don’t think you’ll be able to get deposit back,sadly, just able to rearrange at 50pp.

If the fco are still saying essential travel only chances are it will be cancelled anyway, but it’s a lot of money to have in some else’s bank.

Any chance of a delay of payment?
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

Ive just checked my online booking and they have moved my flight from 10.45am to 5.30pm which means i will miss my connection at jfk for the flight out. just feel that there has been no communication at all from them. Plus on my virgin booking it still shows the original booking times, its not until i login via the delta that i noticed my flight has changed. We are flying from edinburgh the night before and staying over night which means we would have to wait until 5.30pm for our new scheduled flight!