Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

BA Package Deposit not working?

As per the title really, trying to book our flights and added a hotel for part of the trip but it's asking for the full amount and not the deposit. Am I missing something? I'm 99% sure I've done dummy bookings before and it's worked.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
As per the title really, trying to book our flights and added a hotel for part of the trip but it's asking for the full amount and not the deposit. Am I missing something? I'm 99% sure I've done dummy bookings before and it's worked.
Did you use Customize my Trip?
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Did you use Customize my Trip?
I didn't no, is that the trick?

Answered my own question. It is.

I'm sure I've done it without doing a custom trip before.

Thanks though!

Edited at 05:53 PM.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I didn't no, is that the trick?
Yes it is. I've booked my flights and airport hotel for next year that way and paid a deposit, the balance is due 3 weeks before I go.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

If gives you the option to pay full balance or deposit you have to click the appropraite circle on the payment page .

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Scattle
Excited about Disney

I've just done 45 minutes ago a BA deposit only booking for next September 2021, used "customise my trip" button on the website.
Club World return and a Hotel for 1 night only of my stay at the start, £400 deposit and balance payable 3 weeks/21 days prior to departure date.
Scattle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

That happened to me too a couple of weeks ago. I've booked this way many times, but I had to phone up to get the package I wanted. It took nearly an hour on the phone but it was the last day of the sale so they were very busy.
Old 21 Oct 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The BA site is glitchy with this. Normally you can just do flight only and then it gives you the option of adding car or hotel to create package with deposit option. Weirdly sometimes it doesn’t. Then you have to go through “customise” but it doesn’t then always give you the same price.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
The BA site is glitchy with this. Normally you can just do flight only and then it gives you the option of adding car or hotel to create package with deposit option. Weirdly sometimes it doesn’t. Then you have to go through “customise” but it doesn’t then always give you the same price.
I knew I wasn't going mad

Flights all booked anyway, saved a stack over what Virgin should have been this year and they were nearly £700 less than they were yesterday for Club World. Added our Universal hotel and saved money on what they were booked at through Hotels.com so a productive little evening.

I did forget the extortionate price of BA seat booking though