Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Apr 02, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeyetta
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mickeyetta's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
A Reminder of the Very BIG kids on this trip!!

Me (Helena or Mickeyetta which ever you like) 22, and a real Disney Freak!!
And
My boyfriend of 1 year (It was our 1st “Anniversary” on the day we flew out sheer coincidence) Simon 23, and not so much of a Disney Freak!!

Day 6 – November 16, 2001
Or “Whooooo Hooooo Sunshine!”

Sorry to keep you in suspense about the weather but yes!!! I woke this morning to find lovely rays of sunshine beaming through my shed window. So faster than you could say “Animal Kingdom Here we come” we were up, out of bed, and at the settlement waiting for the bus to Animal Kingdom. Didn’t have to wait too long and we were soon at the park. Decided to skip breakfast and have an early lunch instead.
Once again as we were getting to the park gates we were apprehended by one of those nice photographers, didn’t mind too much this time as the sun was out and we were both much happier!!!!!!!!!
Any how on through the gates, First stop was picture taking at the tree of life. Ever since seeing the photos of the AK when it first opened, the tree has intrigued me, all those wonderful “Carvings”, I just wanted to see just how many animals there were. Onward (before the sun went away again) to Kali River Rapids. No que at all, just walked straight on, and sat down in two seats that were already wet… Should have known better! For those of you who have ridden this one, when we went over the last big fall at the end, our backs were virtually to the drop. Not only did this succeed in turning my stomach over, it also made us completely drenched. Next stop after this one another well know attraction…. The ladies room to try and ring and dry out my clothes!!!!. . To dry out a bit more we walked round in the sunshine through the Maharajah Jungle Trek, where we saw Tigers, Funny Dragon things and such like.
Next stop Kilimanjaro Safaris, Long wait here, (45min) but didn’t mind as it gave me more time to dry off. Very impressed with all the animals, and all very close up. Have to say that my picture taking this day was on top form and produced the best pages in my holiday photo album! Pictures of Elephants, Hippos, Rhinos, Giraffes and such. Also very good pictures of the local wildlife… Pluto, Baloo and King Louie with Simon and Myself of course!!!
Lunch time now, opted for Pizzafari. Had one Cheese Pizza, one Pepperoni Pizza, and shared a Large Sprite. All very good! And filled a big hole as well! Next some retail therapy. Now as an Ex-Girl Guide I’m a proud owner of a “Camp Blanket”. For those of you not in the know, it’s a blanket which has all my old Brownie and Guide badges sewn on it, it also has various sew on patches from places of interest I have visited in the UK on it. So imagine my delight when I found ones with “Animal Kingdom” on it. I had to have one to show off on my Blanket even if it was $5. Simon by this stage was feeling the heat so he bought a very plain green baseball cap.
Next on the list “It’s Tough to Be a Bug”. Remember what I said about Honey I shrunk the Audience yesterday.. Well I did the same thing again, feet up on the back of the chair in front! However did not expect the stick in the back bit, and this really made me jump… Will know better next time… Feet up and Sit well forward!!!!!!!! .
We next had a look round Dino Land… Whimped out on the Dinosaur ride. Warning board said something about Drops, and it being quite bumpy and violent, which is not Simons or my favourite things. Have investigated this one further since being back and promise to not be such a baby next time and to ride this one!
Next we had a quiet ride out to the Planet Watch place. This didn’t take too much time and to be quite honest we didn’t find it that interesting. Whilst here we bought a bottle of drink to quench our thirst. I was just putting my money away in my wallet when a nice little mobile trash can came up and started talking to me! I was a bit confused at first!! (It doesn’t take much) It was saying that it would take folded green paper as well!!!! It was then that I noticed a cast member a few feet away in plain clothes talking to his hand!!! I tried to play along… Giving the bin a dollar bill, but my money must not have been good enough ‘cause the bin just turned and ran away!!!!
Simon was getting tired now [That boy has no stamina!!!!!!!]. So persuaded him to let me go to Camp Minnie-Mickey, to have my picture taken with the mouse himself. Can you believe we’d been in WDW 6 days and still not seen Mickey…. My standards must be slipping! Got my wish and also had picture taken with Minnie, Could not under any circumstances persuade Simon to do the same… Oh well there’s always the character breakfast he won’t get away then [he he he . !]. Last stop before getting the bus back was the photo shop. Photo looked a lot better this time. Bought two one for us and the other for Simon’s Aunt, who for some strange reason had requested a picture of us both?
Dinner this even was at “Fulton’s Crab House” at DTD. When we booked the holiday I gave a copy of the “Brits Guide...” to Simon and he went straight to the food section and picked out this restaurant, saying that he wanted to try Lobster. Being a Posh restaurant we dressed kind of smart this evening which made a change! I ordered the Shrimp in batter [Kind of like Scampi but much much nicer and fresher!]. Simon of course ordered the Twin Maine Lobsters. Well the Lobster arrived; a bib was placed round Simon’s neck…. But did Simon know what to do with it …. NO!!! So the nice lady did the first lobster, and Simon did the second. I tried a piece but didn’t like it so let him carry on. A good meal, but for the money I don’t think we’d go back.
Back to the shed, where Simon promptly munched half a tube of Pringles… Apparently those lobsters weren’t big enough! Slept well tonight, had walked miles and done lots. A brilliant day weather was lovely hopefully tomorrow will be just the same! . . .
Disneyland Paris Lots
Mickeyetta is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 02, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

I'm SO pleased the sun came out for you at last!

the Tree of Life is just stunning isn't it? No photos can do it justice!
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 02, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes you do get SLIGHTLY wet on some rides don't you.Did you enjoy the Kilimanjaro Safaris, I did.You get to see some great animals and if you get a driver thats good with the banter it makes it more fun I think.

.   .   .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 02, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
that tree is amazing isnt it Helena? .

LOL at the river ride too... always sit in the wettest seat, me! .
Old 18 Apr 02, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Carole
Imagineer

What a lovely day. Animal Kingdom is so beautiful.

Had to laugh at Simon and his pringles. That's just the sort of thing my dh would do .
2007 - BCV, AKV
2008 - Las Vegas, BCV, AKV, St Petes
2009 - VB, Key West, Miami, BCV, AKV
2010 - OKW, Hard Rock Hotel, BCV
2011 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
2013 - BCV, AKV, 2014 - AKV, BCV, RPR
2016 - BCV, AKV, 2017 - AKV, Royal Pacific, Coronado Springs
Carole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 02, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

Hurrah!

The sun is out!

Oh you must go on some of those "bumpy" rides one of these days!

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
BONZO is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 02, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad you got some sun shine
I think there are 300 different animals carved in the Tree of Life  .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List