Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jan 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
SMPlantz
Gone all Goofy

This is a fantastic idea, I am going to do it as well, thanks for such a helpful post!
SMPlantz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
SMPlantz
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
We are going to check in online and I have got my magic bands shipped to a US address by using a personal shopper service, it's only $15 and she is also delivering us some groceries and other packages I have ordered to be delivered to her. So we won't need to go there at all which will hopefully save us some running around.
This is a fantastic idea, I am going to do it as well, thanks for such a helpful post!
SMPlantz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pinkpoochie View Post
Final question from me...

When arriving at the campsite to collect magic bands and check-in, do all members of the party have to be present? Or could one person turn up to collect them all?

Cheers
No, only 1 person needs to go and can collect them all
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkpoochie
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Miss AliJS View Post
No, only 1 person needs to go and can collect them all
Great, thanks for this Miss AliJS, I had a look on google earth there is a wooden hut at the entrance, is this where you collect them? Then just drive straight back out again.
Pinkpoochie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
2 questions! The free parking that you get by doing this - is that only for at the hotel/campsite or can I park in MK parking for free instead?

Also, re. the 60 day FP window... if I book a one night stay I understand that I can book FPs at 60 days out for the day I 'check in' (and the day I 'check out'?). But what happens after that? Do I then go back to a 30 day window, as they know I don't have an onsite booking after that one night?
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkpoochie
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
2 questions! The free parking that you get by doing this - is that only for at the hotel/campsite or can I park in MK parking for free instead?

Also, re. the 60 day FP window... if I book a one night stay I understand that I can book FPs at 60 days out for the day I 'check in' (and the day I 'check out'?). But what happens after that? Do I then go back to a 30 day window, as they know I don't have an onsite booking after that one night?
The car parking includes all the theme parks.

I believe you book 60 days out for the 2 days you check in/out, then you have to go on each day 60 days in advance to book the remainder of your stay. So you would do your 1st and second day together, then miss a day, then do the remaining days one day at a time, 60 days in advance of that particular day.
Pinkpoochie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pinkpoochie View Post
Great, thanks for this Miss AliJS, I had a look on google earth there is a wooden hut at the entrance, is this where you collect them? Then just drive straight back out again.
Yes, that is it and yes, you can just drive straight out again.
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
susiewong
Having Dinner with Goofy

Thanks everyone ! Just booked 1 night in the campsite and planned day 1!
We will park at the campsite for the day and then get the boat to MK for early extra magic hours ! Roll on 60 days for FP booking
So exciting to choose our magic bands and customise them too - I'm easily pleased lol

Edited at 06:39 PM.
susiewong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 18, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I don't understand how you can get the free parking at the parks if you check in online and you don't yet have your magic bands. How can your ticket (which we're buying through a 3rd party) have details of your hotel stay on it? Oh, unless you are able to link a reservation to your ticket on MDE?
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 18, 06:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
I don't understand how you can get the free parking at the parks if you check in online and you don't yet have your magic bands. How can your ticket (which we're buying through a 3rd party) have details of your hotel stay on it? Oh, unless you are able to link a reservation to your ticket on MDE?
Yup, mde - out ticket details on there and your reservation and the ticket then acts as link for the parking person to know you can park for free.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List