Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 27 May 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

This just came through this afternoon and might be of interest - it's a marketing campaign for the beaches of Fort Myers and Sanibel

fortmyers-sanibel/?u...yLe isure2020

This is also available from Amazon Kindle for the the princely sum of £0.00 - Lonely Planet Discover the Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel. We found it very useful back in October

amazon/Lonely-Plan...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

John and Ninny - my signature photo is courtesy of Nicole, one of the islands excellent photographers, taken looking along Randal Pier, Pineland Road Nicole didn't use filters, simply right time/place. Randal Pier is circa 150 yards afore Tarpon Lodge restaurant, another 100 yards or so on is the turn into Pineland Marina. We enjoy superb Randal Pier and Pineland sunsets from Nov until March, by late March, when the sun sets in the pass atween the top of Cayo Costa and bottom of Boca Granda, there are super green flash sunsets to be seen from Bokeelia Pier. Fortunately we did get a few nights in afore the pier closed and we head home early per Foreign Office guidance.
Old 27 May 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

Ninnybobs- Glad to hear you are still enjoying SW Florida. You were the perfect rental guests when we had our villa in Cape Coral. Hope you are all well!
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rotonda Bound
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Other than Anna Maria Island, where is there that is a lovely beach side location on the gulf coast? Somewhere where we can walk to the beach, and somewhere to eat etc? We would want a house/villa, we won’t rule out a short drive but just wanted to know if there was anywhere else along the coast that is similar?
Rotonda West is half way between Sarasota & Fort Myers. You will need a car as it is about 10 - 15 mins drive to beautiful beaches.

There are 2 Dibb villas on here - Hank's & mine.

Have a look and see what Rotonda has to offer.

Happy to answer any questions and give more information on the area if you are interested.

Dragonflies Villa ... close to stunning Gulf Coast beaches.
The ideal place to relax and unwind

Rotonda Bound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rotonda Bound View Post
Rotonda West is half way between Sarasota & Fort Myers. You will need a car as it is about 10 - 15 mins drive to beautiful beaches.

There are 2 Dibb villas on here - Hank's & mine.

Have a look and see what Rotonda has to offer.

Happy to answer any questions and give more information on the area if you are interested.
Thank you, I didn’t realise that there were some Gulf Coast villas on the dibb! I’ll take a look, you don’t happen to know the link to Hanks do you? I can only find yours!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya NtO - hope you and yours are well

We're SW Fl tarts, we enjoy Bokeelia on Pine Island and whilst we're not beach people we thoroughly enjoy the island pool.

Examples of where you may like, Sanibel and Captiva, tremendous beaches, take a 'drive' on the map I've set up for you HERE across Sanibel Causeway. Areas to stay include Naples, Cape Coral and Ft Myers Beach. I have a long list of things to see and do that may interest you depending on how long you plan to be in the area, shout if you want to see/peruse at your leisure I'm sure you'll like the area, we've never tired of it in over 20 years, but, for us, the cherry on top is Bokeelia and Pine Island.
Hey Chris! Hope you’re doing well in these crazy time’s? We’re all good, busy but good, our new pup has settled in, she’s crazy, no replacement for our old girl but a lovely new addition!

Appreciate the info, will take a look when I get home from work! I think we’re settled on Fort Myers/Cape Coral/Sanibel all depending on the right property. We would be staying for a full week, kids are teens and not overly active but enjoy swimming, the beach, wildlife, good food & relaxing! The whole area sounds perfect! We usually spend our beach days on the Atlantic coast as love Vero & Cocoa but fancy a change if staying for a prolonged period!

NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
This just came through this afternoon and might be of interest - it's a marketing campaign for the beaches of Fort Myers and Sanibel

fortmyers-sanibel/?u...yLe isure2020

This is also available from Amazon Kindle for the the princely sum of £0.00 - Lonely Planet Discover the Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel. We found it very useful back in October

amazon/Lonely-Plan...=UTF8&qid=&sr=
Thank you! Always looking for new Florida information! Will take a look.

Old 28 May 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rotonda Bound View Post

There are 2 Dibb villas on here - Hank's & mine. Have a look and see what Rotonda has to offer. Happy to answer any questions and give more information on the area if you are interested.
RB, my apologies to you and Hank for not mentioning your coastline, that was lax of me

Hey Chris! Hope you’re doing well in these crazy time’s? We’re all good, busy but good, our new pup has settled in, she’s crazy, no replacement for our old girl but a lovely new addition!

Appreciate the info, will take a look when I get home from work! I think we’re settled on Fort Myers/Cape Coral/Sanibel all depending on the right property. We would be staying for a full week, kids are teens and not overly active but enjoy swimming, the beach, wildlife, good food & relaxing! The whole area sounds perfect! We usually spend our beach days on the Atlantic coast as love Vero & Cocoa but fancy a change if staying for a prolonged period!
Glad the new pup is settling in, and whilst in a league of her own you'll always remember your awld lass Haven't replaced our Amber mitten, wouldn't be right/fair whilst we're travelling, unfortunately I do believe another mitten would be a healing salve as some 19 month on I'm still missing her dreadfully. I know it isn't her, just house noises, I hear Amber jumping off the bed, tappy lappy down the stairs, I still can't put my legs out straight in bed whilst reading as she used to lie there, the most spooky one was when the wind caught the cat flat, shot out of my chair and locked it

SW Fl is lovely area, ample beaches and places to visit. Below is a list I prepared a couple of years ago, all links are working:

I highly recommend a boat trip out of Maria Drive Marina, Pine Island with Capt Bruce. We go out with Bruce 3 or 4 times during our winter stays and have a blast - we take a picnic/plenty of drink vs going to a restaurant on Cabbage Key or Upper Captiva, but you do have those options. Bruce charges $50pp, minimum of 4 and is worth every cent, you'll be on the water for 6 or 7 hours. His boat is a 21 foot, double bimini (great for shade) pontoon, his service is 5*. Others charge considerable more. See HERE for reviews and photo's.

Cape Coral has a water park, Sunsplash, see HERE

SW Fl is a lovely area, you'll have a smashing time. Plenty of beaches, water sports, fishing. Naples is a nice place to check out too, excellent soft white beach and long pier - HERE
Naples conservancy - HERE
Tin City in Naples - HERE
Corkscrew Swamp - HERE
Ding Darling on Sanibel (closed Fridays) - HERE
Edison Ford Estate in Fort Myers - HERE
Everglades National Park boat tours, SUPERB, Everglades City - HERE
Babcock Ranch, EXCELLENT tour, on SR31 between Fort Myers and Arcadia - HERE

Octagon wildlife sanctuary, just off SR31 between Fort Myers & Punta Gorda; Lauri Caron is an incredible lady who provides a home to a multitude of animals, from exotic tigers, a rare black leopard, lions, bears, wolves to donkeys, goats, chickens, ducks, raccoons, gators et al - check out the website video - you won't regret visiting Octagon. Citizens/local big & small businesses donate food, supplies, manpower to keep them all fed. All volunteers happily donate their time, some for 10 plus years, ensuring the majority of monies collected cares for the animals. Check website for opening hours - HERE

Fort Myers tourist website, Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel - HERE
Visit Florida website - HERE
Muscle Car City, Punta Gorda - HERE
Shopping anyone? Miramar Outlets with over 140 top designer outlet stores - HERE
Sanibel Outlets - HERE

If you like music the SW Fla top band is Deb & the Dynamics - they're good. Take a look at their schedule HERE. Their schedule is sparse at the moment, but Doc Fords is usually on a Sunday (under Fort Myers Beach Bridge HERE), grab a meal and watch as they play outdoors from 1 to 4pm - they used to play on a Friday night 6 to 9pm at Pinchers @ Wyndham Hotel on Estero beach.
Extremely professional band, Deb sings like Janis Joplin, take a peek

The sax players wander into the audience when playing, no charge to most venues, eat, drink or drink, don't eat, nobody cares, just go, watch this excellent band and have a good time.

Edited at 12:41 PM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by capecoralfl View Post
Ninnybobs- Glad to hear you are still enjoying SW Florida. You were the perfect rental guests when we had our villa in Cape Coral. Hope you are all well!
Hi Nicky, we are all well. Back to Orlando in November and then SW Coast in Feb/March 2021. If you get another villa down that way... stick me at the top of the list.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Thank you, I didn’t realise that there were some Gulf Coast villas on the dibb! I’ll take a look, you don’t happen to know the link to Hanks do you? I can only find yours!
Here I am, wish I was there now

Hank
Hank is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List