Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jul 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile Anyone still hopeful for this year?

We have a planned trip at the beginning of December. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was optimistic it would go ahead, however now I’m having doubts.

My balance is due in September and if the situation in the US is the same as it is now I won’t be paying it. I’ve already got £2100 tied up that I’d have to claim back which was carried over from our cancelled May trip.

Is anyone else still planning/optimistic that their trip this year will go ahead?
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Mobile

Was booked for August but flights cancelled twice so gave up and moved to December-fingers crossed!.Only have small BA flydrive deposit invested which can be moved easily or refunded so we continue to hope for now!
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm still due to go in September 2020, a small part of me knows this virus can change so quickly and that we could end up going but with Florida only just properly getting into their 1st peak I think its highly unlikely at this point. I think anyone going from December onwards has a higher chance of going. I mean we hit our peak properly in March and then came out of it in May so thats 2 months, fingers crossed by the end of August/start of September they start to come out of their peak and things will get back to normal from there.

We've re-booked to go next year but we may cancel that and go somewhere else completely!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm hopeful, it's still quite a while away. We fly on December 8th,its all paid for as we transferred our lost May one for December which was already booked. VH still haven't refunded the difference as the December one is cheaper. I'm reluctant to change till early 2021 in case that didn't happen either,we lost one with Thomas Cook too, if we were to lose another then I think we'll be done with long haul. All we can do is hope for things to improve 🤞🎄
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Still hopeful forNovember but getting less so everyday
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Due to fly November 2 still hopeful but DH is due to golf in Spain October plan was he’d be home 5 days then fly to Florida but if the 14
Day quarantine is still in place in Scotland from Spain that will
Need to be rethought
I’m firmly in the what will be will be camp now just keeping the to go bag at the ready
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

We are due to go feb 2021 and have been having a few wobbles however im not giving up yet and am holding on to hope. I to think florida is at its peak now and am hopeful that by sptember things will be looking much better out there.
Keeping everything crossed that december will be ok for you. 🤞
natanddaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone, I think it’s the fact my balances are due in September that’s making me wobbly... if I pay the balance and we end up not going we then don’t go anywhere because of the timescales of refunds! (Hope that makes sense!) We’ve already had two holidays cancelled (1 because of TC and 1 because of covid).
Hopefully the situation in the US will have improved by September and I can make an informed decision about whether to pay the balance then.
I have been looking at alternatives just in case.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

was going in october, but tui cancelled it last week. right now, we're holding off rebooking until florida sorts itself out, all these anti-maskers and covidiots are just too much of a risk...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Also due to go September and until fairly recently I still had some confidence/hope? that things could change so quickly that we might still get to go. Now though with the upsurge in cases and the state of emergency extension I just don’t see the borders opening any time soon. To be honest I’ve always thought it unlikely they’d open before the election but I was hopeful that I might be wrong and some political sway would come into it and change things. Now I just feel it’s not safe from either end to allow US flights.

At the moment I’ve asked for extensions for all my balances so they’re now due early to mid August. This gives me more time to wait on BA cancelling my fly drive, or for some major positive change which allows the holiday to go ahead 😂

New plan is possibly flying into the Netherlands doing Eftling then driving to Germany doing phantasialand and europa park, then onto Paris for DLP then fly home from there. Would be staying at caravan parks most likely. Gives us our theme park and Disney fix for a fraction of the cost 😉 obviously is dependent on the rules for crossing multiple borders and keeping everyone safe.
Failing that we might just stay home and try and get away nearer Christmas. Not sure we can move FL to next year due to exams and eldest and her BF (who was due to come with us) starting uni.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List