Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jul 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I would consider moving it now if it will play on your mind (we were meant to go in May but haven't rebooked for next year as also don't want to risk dealing with masks and park restrictions) Otherwise hold out and change later if things still look uncertain. I'm hopeful things will be a lot better by then but I think masks could be required for the rest of this year at least.
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Im booked for May 2021. I try not to worry about things like this. The coronavirus outbreak here was 4 months ago. Look how much has happened in that timeframe. We've had a hard lockdown and now things are going back to normal, even though case numbers are still high. All that in 4 months though !

November is 4 months away, everything could be completely changed by then, maybe for better, maybe for the worse. Just so much can happen in that time its not worth the stress on worrying about 10 months time, especially if its out of your control
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

This thread and Bal's comment made me search the vaccine as I've not heard anything in weeks about it personally, and came across this positive piece, I thought you might like to see: itv/news/2020-07-15/...-robert-peston

I was writing next year off as well, but I guess if you see how far we have come in the last 3 months there is hope.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
This thread and Bal's comment made me search the vaccine as I've not heard anything in weeks about it personally, and came across this positive piece, I thought you might like to see: itv/news/2020-07-15/...-robert-peston

I was writing next year off as well, but I guess if you see how far we have come in the last 3 months there is hope.
Thanks for this. Seems scientists might be about to put a bit more substance to the pretty strong rumours. It's telling that human trails for this vaccine have now been started in other countries as well.

Reckon we will see the start of NHS personnel trails shortly.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I have booked for May 2021 but made the decision to not do the Disney parks just Universal- we are the same as you we wont go if masks are required so we have until February to decide what to do. I would wait it out until the end of the year personally and see where we are at, I think Florida are in their peak now and it will be a different story in Sept/ Oct where things will start to improve

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

We are booked for next year- if we have to wear masks, then so be it. I hope we don’t, but I’ll suck it up and I’m preparing myself for it.
I thought about putting it off again until 2022, but then I want to do other things for 22 and beyond, explore more of the U.S, Do other Orlando parks, go back to the Caribbean, and head over to Canada, before the kids decide they don’t want to holiday with mum and dad any more!
A lot could change in ten months, but you have to be prepared to accept that if you go, it might not be as it you may have previously experienced. If you can accept that, then go for it, but if not, push it back. There’s no right or wrong IMO; you’ve got to do what’s right for you and your fam. Whatever happens, I’m sure that the magic will be there in one way or another,
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List