Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Oct 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Everyone has either given me my money back quickly (often without asking in the case airlines.)

Finnair and BA both excellent and quick but they did cancel the flights so I would hope so.

Special mention to the Santa Clause Village in Lapland for giving a full refund on a non cancelable booking.

Also had money back/cancelled hotels booked through Universal, Hotels.com and IHG but I would expect that as they were all cancelable bookings

Also a special mention to Dibb condo owner BahamaBay Lisa who has been very patient and flexible when frankly I suspect she is in a much worse position than we are. Even Orlando Attractions have rolled our £30 non refundable deposit on twice

So far everything refunded bar £130 in deposits rolled forward to next booking. Total lost £0 haven’t even had to bother a credit card company or my insurance.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

BA - spot on, whether voucher or cash refund it's been easy
AirBnB - (I realise it's actually the owners) - refunds have been no problem and where there was no cancelation was able to move dates
TravelRepublic - refunded but communication has been awful, all right at the last minute.
Disney (Annual Passes) - still waiting for refund to appear. Not great.
Disney (DVC) - overall not great service due to having to take it into my own hands to prevent losing 200 points (worth £3000)
Seaworld - excellent - extended annual passes to end of 2021.
Universal - acceptable - extended annual passes for 3 months from next visit.
Royal Caribbean - refunded but they did try to stiff me with a rebooking option that would have lost me money. Will be wary of them in the future.

Overall good, we've not been left out of pocket for any planned holidays. Will continue to use them all.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Disney emailed us to ask if we wanted a refund on our 14 day tickets or keep them until September 21, we chose to keep them.
Universal we upgraded our tickets last year to annual passes they’ve cancelled the passes and given us tickets which will last 6 months from the day we activate them.
Travel Republic refunded my £15 deposit with being asked.
More than happy with them.
Holiday Extras have credited our lounge so we can rebook next time we fly so that’s ok.

BYOJET when I finally managed to get through have agreed to a full refund for our flights but said it would be at least 12 weeks
The flights were with Virgin so who knows how long we will actually wait so not judging them yet.

TravelUp couldn’t get hold of them at all until July and then they only offered a partial refund as they said I was a no show at POR 😡
I argued with them for a few days before I raised a dispute with my card provider.
Got a full refund and the case is now closed in my favour.
I wouldn’t recommend TravelUp to anyone they were dreadful to deal with and I certainly won’t use them again.
Taffy1959 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
kraftikris
VIP Dibber

kraftikris's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
VA have been excellent for me, am I the only one?

I contacted them via Whatsapp and within two weeks my money was back in my account for both the bubble seat selection and the flights, so I have no reason to knock them.

Jet2 Holidays for our May Majorca holiday refunded immediately.

APH for both the Nov Florida and May Spain parking - voucher+50% until 2022 given.

Private Condo hire - deposit refunded immediately.

Universal have suspended our Annual passes until we are ready to book again.

I think I have been very lucky when I hear the problems others have had, and I am very grateful for that.
2003 - 25th Wedding anniv. St Lucia, 2004 - Quality Inn Kissimmee
2006 - Bahama Bay Davenport
2007,2008 and 2010 Nov, Windwood Bay
May 2009 Ballys, Las Vegas
Nov 2012 Lindfields Villa.
Nov 2011, 2013. 2014 & 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, Terrace Ridge
Nov 2019 Grand Reserve, 2022 The Manors at Westridge
kraftikris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We had Expedia ring us to cancel flights and tell us they were refunding quite early on in the process. It did take a good few weeks for the money to come back.
Disney refunded for us when I wasn't happy that "move the booking to next year" really meant move the deposit to a rack rate room for next year.

Our biggest expense is that the cost of the flights was sitting as an outstanding balance on the credit card for a couple of months. We put it there for the protection and then corona kicked off, so we didn't pay it off promptly, and paid interest on it.
Old 31 Oct 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
lisad
Excited about Disney

Excellent service from WDTC, Andy at Discount Florida Car Hire, and Hotels.com. They all contacted me pro-actively and provided full refunds efficiently.

Tui, not so great. I got a refund eventually through my credit card company.

The only money I lost was for a villa booked through Select Vacation Villas. No refunds, but they did offer to re-book. However, seeing as we don't know when we are going to be able to travel again, that option wasn't of any use to us.

All in all, I am very pleased to have got most of my money back. I will definitely be using the 'good guys' when we are able to return.
lisad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
I don’t know how to respond to this without using bad language ... US Airtours - worst company ever! Our package was cancelled on 17 June and still no refund. Communication is awful with emails continually ignored. I said I would give it till the end of the month then I’m going to my bank to try and claim my money back.

Trip to Poland also cancelled and Ryanair refund was in the bank in 4 days.

Edited at 11:17 AM.
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

Just had an email today saying my refund from Virgin had been processed and would be with me shortly. Not bad as I asked for the refund in Sept, but a sad reminder that we were due to fly out next Wednesday.
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Icelandair voucher arrived straight after I'd cancelled with them.

Air Canada voucher we are still waiting for. I was told it would be 6 weeks and we are now at week 9! I called them yesterday and was told that 6 weeks was the minimum time and it should arrive in the next couple of weeks.

Booking.com money back in my account within a few days.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Good guys - Expedia refunded Hotel booking very quickly.

Looking4Parking - refund straight away.

Rosetta Travel (Belfast travel agent) full holiday refund in 6 weeks although communicated throughout while waiting for operator to return monies to them.

Attraction Tickets Direct - 80% of ticket cost refunded on return of tickets, have since confirmed the 20% left can be used for future tickets or UK tickets if booked before Oct 2021.

Travel Republic - refunded £24 I'd forgotten about for I Trolley tickets without me asking.

Not so good guys - Visit Orlando - Tickets for SeaWorld booked with them, refusing refund, vague about dates and validity.
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List