Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Oct 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Florida 2019 - Tell Me This Isn't The Last Time - Day 16 - KSC

The index is here.

Sunday 11th August 2019

The plan is the plan today, we’re off to KSC. We went on our first trip with DDs but not the second, so we’re all really looking forward to it. The plan (which might change) after KSC is to maybe pop into the Outlets on the way home. Maybe even Applebees for dinner?

Seems like a normal start to each day now; up early and had breakfast at the villa; we then headed off to KSC. I really like it when you go over the long bridge and see the sea both sides of you. We’d had the car for a week now and I only just realised (to the delight of everyone else) that I forgot there was a Bruce Springsteen radio channel

First thing, parking at KSC is $10, not $25 like Disney and Universal; that’s more like it We had been reading up and knew they changed a lot of things but right from the car park you can see the new garden and rockets.

We arrived a bit before opening so was one of the first groups in; so, we thought we’d do the bus tour first and try to stay ahead of the herds throughout the day.

The bus no longer takes you to LC-39 observation gantry which is a shame as we loved that on the last trip. We got off the bus and went to watch the launch show, which we all love, then I realised that we were at the end of the row and this was the first show, so if we walked out quickly there was the opportunity for a really good photo.

It’s not often you’re able to get that photo without many people in the shot We continued to have a look around.

We absolutely love KSC, there’s a sense of just how big things are and technological advancements needed to go into space; how brave and scared the astronauts must have been.

All of us were starting to feel hungry now, so we headed back on the bus to the main complex. Slightly mistimed it as there were lots of people in the queue for food, so we went to the shops to pick up some gifts and other things then went for food.

DW and DDs had chicken tenders with fries, I had the pulled port burger with fries and we shared 2 cokes.

The food was ok, nothing special but it kept us going until later; the cost was $40.49 (£33.46) which wasn’t too bad at all. We went back to the shop to get something else (can’t remember?) and then went across to the Shuttle Launch Experience centre.

This was new to us and we loved it, there was so much to do inside. There is a tunnel experience which DDs loved that ended with a slide; there’s some VR games and there is the Shuttle Launch Experience itself. When entering you are met with more warning signs and staff telling you not to go on it if you have back ache, neck ache etc. a lot more than Mission Space in Epcot. DW was more worried than us as she doesn’t like Mission Space and thought it would be the same…..it wasn’t it lifts you up tilts you on your back and rattles. It was fun but nowhere near warranted all of the warnings.

I think we did everything there was to do and we absolutely loved it; I think it was better because we didn’t do it on the last trip. By this time, I think everyone had had enough, so on the way home, rather than go to the Outlets, we’d call into Walmart near the villa and then grab a takeaway.

All was going well in Walmart until we got home and realised that the bag with the suntan lotion and after sun was missing; that’s one of things I don’t like about Walmart is the revolving packing they do, almost 1 or 2 items in a bag. Anyway, it seems that we were not given the bag and to be honest if it was $5 in it, I wouldn’t have bothered, but there was probably $40 in the bag. I went back, first to the checkout and spoke to the lady there who pretty much told me she didn’t care as she finished her shift in 1 minute; I was pointed to customer services where I waited an age in the queue. I’m not sure the lady believed me but think because I was English she didn’t bother to argue; so I went back got all of the lost shopping, got it checked and headed back to the villa.

For dinner I stopped at Dirmios which is on H27 near the 192 junction. DD2 had Spaghetti with butter, salad and a garlic knot bread; DD1 had Penne marinara with salad and garlic knot bread; DW had Gnocchi and I had a Tuna salad (also a Yeungling whilst waiting ). Sorry I didn’t take any pictures but the food was delicious and lots of it too. It was a bargain at $48.69 (£40.52). For the rest of the evening we just chilled in the villa.

It was a brilliant day, KSC is fantastic and we’ll definitely be visiting again.

Tomorrow is Epcot where we have FPs for Soarin, Nemo and Figment; dinner is either Manny’s or Miller’s again. Day 17 can be found here

Edited at 05:41 PM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day glad you got the shopping sorted

Joan