Link to this Post
Mickeyetta
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mickeyetta's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Day 4 – November 14, 2001
Or “Damm that bloody Rain!”

Wasn’t too impressed when I woke up this morning… It was Raining Again!! The plan was to go to EPCOT today, but with this rain neither Simon or I were willing to walk around all day. So change of plan shopping instead. This pleased Simon considerably; he’s more of a girl than I am!! His luggage weighed more than mine on the way out, and he can shop for England!!!!!!
Next problem… Breakfast. As both of us are engineers we consider ourselves to be connoisseur’s of breakfasts! Now although the breakfast’s we had had so far were good, we had not been overwhelmed! It was at this point I remember someone mentioning a place called “Denny’s”. So we hedded out on the 192, and found one! With all those big neon signs it so easy to pick places out. In we went I ordered an “All American Grand Slam” with a “Hot tea”, and Simon ordered the “Lumberjack’s Slam” with a coffee. Mine consisted of two sausages, two bits of crispy bacon, scrambled egg with cheese, hash brown’s and toast. Simon’s was the same but he also got a gammon steak and three “Tea Cakes” which looked more like thick pancakes to me. Well what can I say it was at this point we fell in love with Denny’s breakfast’s!!! Would go as far as saying that they beat an English Breakfast in their own way!!
From here we headed up the I4 and took the exit after Universal back onto I-Drive. First stop “Beltz”.  Simon and I have been to Bluewater, but Beltz is the mother of all shopping centres! We walked round most of it. Simon bought a Levi’s belt, two pairs of Reebok’s for himself, and two more pairs of Reebok’s (One for his Mum, one for Sis), and a pair of CK trousers. I managed to get myself a pair of Levi’s, a pair of black CK jeans, and two pair of Reebok’s….. Well they were on buy one get the second pair half Price!!!! Whilst sending our credit card’s into melt down we stopped for a milk shake in the food hall.
We now headed back down I-Drive, thinking about heading back to the shed. We past “Race Rock”, and decided to stop two make reservations for the evening. But again there was no need to; apparently they were feeling the aftermath of September 11th. The guy there was very helpful and gave us a menu to take back with us to mull over until the evening… Which just made us even more hungry!
One more stop before we got back to the shed “Orlando Premium outlets”. Here I bought a Reebok top. And Simon bought a Timberland coat for $100. It was a big puffy winter jacket; two thing’s went through my mind… 1. How are we gonna get that thing home & 2. Sunny hot Florida (In the rain mind you) and he goes and buy’s a winter coat! Onward back to the shed for 40 Winks.
Dinner at Race Rock was excellent. We tried to order a Main course and a starter each, but our server must know us English and advised us to share a starter. Now how many times would you get that in an English restaurant, they look at you funny if you don’t order starter’s!! Any how we shared the “Chicken Dragsters” to start. Yummy! Then I had a “Brute Force with Cheese” (Cheese burger) also very good. Simon had the same but with bacon as well. We also had a Coke each (Bottomless, another thing we liked about America) All that for $32 which included a $5 tip… after all she was an excellent “Server”!
Back to the shed for TV and bed maybe tomorrow will be better and we can get to EPCOT!
Disneyland Paris Lots
Mickeyetta is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 02, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Carole
Imagineer

You're eating well, that's for sure. I hope that rain stops soon.
2007 - BCV, AKV
2008 - Las Vegas, BCV, AKV, St Petes
2009 - VB, Key West, Miami, BCV, AKV
2010 - OKW, Hard Rock Hotel, BCV
2011 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
2013 - BCV, AKV, 2014 - AKV, BCV, RPR
2016 - BCV, AKV, 2017 - AKV, Royal Pacific, Coronado Springs
Carole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 02, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

Oh dear - did it rain all day?

At least some retail therapy helped!
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 02, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
mmmmmmmmmmm did someone mention Bluewater and shopping? my kind of day! (apart from the rain) .
Old 14 Apr 02, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post

yummy food and shopping great day
Hope you got to do Epcot ? .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 02, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

Shopping and food... seems to figure quite a bit in Trip Reports!

Not tried Race Rock yet, but it's on the list "to do".

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL