Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 28 May 15, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Fort de Soto or egmont key?

Whilst staying in Anna Maria we have planned a day at Egmont Key , I am now wondering if we should just spend the day at Fort De Soto instead as I have read good things about it . The ferry to the Key is $20 each and there are 10 of us. Has anyone been to both or either and can help?
Old 28 May 15, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
newbi
slightly serious Dibber

I've on,y been to Fort de Soto and it was absolutely breathtaking. There is nothing actually there as such (apart from wildlife, wild manatees, dolphins, beautiful blue seas, stunning beaches! ) 😊
For us, the heat without any area to take respite was too much, and we enjoyed a couple of hours there and a picnic, but then we just needed to escape the heat!
If you like relaxing on a beautiful, stunning, albeit hot beach it is perfect. If you like doing things rather than sunbathing it might not be a full day out.
It is very close to the Sunshine Skyway bridge, and it is worth a 15 minute detour to have the experience of going over there at the same time.
There is also a good outlet mall over the other side of the bridge... Trying to remember the name of it...
Old 28 May 15, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

Been to both and prefer Fort DeSoto.

We like to do a little fishing off the two piers. It's free and no licence required. The beaches are beautiful, there's loads of shells to collect, the wildlife is great (lots of dolphins) and plenty of walks. The are bike rentals available or even hire a kayak.

Take a BBQ, there are lots of picnic areas.

Would agree with the detour over the Skyway Bridge after a couple of hours at Ellenton Mall
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 15, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Thanks for your replies, I think I will do fort de Soto ,it will save $200 on ferry fares. We did want to visit that mall but I really don't fancy the bridge, it looks terrifying. I hate bridges !
Old 28 May 15, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread