Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Oct 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
Value for money WDW is by far the best deal of our holidays. If you compare it with a caravan by the sea it's expensive but not like for like. Far better value than DLP as well.
We keep pricing up other holidays - but we don't do beach type hols, so it's cities, cruises etc. By the time everything is added together and food/drink is included we find that WDW with a free DDP isn't much more expensive.
We usually rent a cottage in different places the UK in early summer (before school hols) and even that is at least £800 + food/drink/travel/sight seeing entrance costs etc, for only a week.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Sadly no longer a fun holiday for us, I want to relax, have fun...… I don't want queues, people pushing and shoving, military precision of what and when you can go on rides, where and what time you can eat.. We will go back one day, but there are so many more wonderful places to visit first.. xxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
Value for money WDW is by far the best deal of our holidays. If you compare it with a caravan by the sea it's expensive but not like for like. Far better value than DLP as well.
£2000 to enter just a theme park for a family of 4 in 2020 (inc parking). Its a great place but the value has certainly disappeared in my eyes
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
£2000 to enter just a theme park for a family of 4 in 2020 (inc parking). Its a great place but the value has certainly disappeared in my eyes
So you keep saying Moorlandman. What is it you want others to say on a Disney holiday planning board?

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

* 14 times
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
So you keep saying Moorlandman. What is it you want others to say on a Disney holiday planning board?
I wouldn’t really call it simply a Disney Holiday Planning Board any more, despite the title. It covers so many other things, some not even vacation related.

I haven’t visited Disney on my last 5 Florida visits and do not intend returning either. I probably won’t even be returning to Florida for some years to come and then, Orlando is unlikely to feature. That is no reason to leave the DIBB.

I will remain on the DIBB because it is so much more than Disney and quite simply provides excellent advice on the USA in general and also locations elsewhere. It also has great threads on all manner of subjects that are not even necessarily travel related. It is a very wide community.

I can say with certainty that I would never have vacationed on a DIY in California without the help of DIBBERS. That has led to my returning next Easter and I am not even visiting LA( or Anaheim). DIBB help was still invaluable, though.

There are many disaffected ex Disneyites that remain DIBBERS. They still buy into the Forum without having interest in its primary subject. Of course, there are many others who regard WDW as the greatest vacation on Earth.

Back to the ‘magic of Disney evaporating’ thread lead. Yes I agree. I find WDW and lately, Universal to be shameless money gouging operations and for us, that ultimately led to our no longer going, even when it was in sight of our accommodation. Whilst not attending, I am very well aware that the changes that continue to take place with the invariable objective of making yet more money. My children are also now older and I found that as soon as they reached 54 inches, they no longer showed interest in going, preferring bigger rides elsewhere. Now, they only have interest in 6 flags.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:31 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I wouldn’t really call it so much a Disney Holiday Planning Board any more, despite the title.
I would, and it is.

In the 17 years I've been on these boards I've lost count of the number of threads about increasing costs, and disenchanted guests.

And yet the guests still go in ever increasing numbers.

Here's to the next 17 years.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
We keep pricing up other holidays - but we don't do beach type hols, so it's cities, cruises etc. By the time everything is added together and food/drink is included we find that WDW with a free DDP isn't much more expensive.
We usually rent a cottage in different places the UK in early summer (before school hols) and even that is at least £800 + food/drink/travel/sight seeing entrance costs etc, for only a week.
It's always the little things that get you. Or the lax spending habits too in my case. I've ran into both just on my UK citybreak trips.

For the first, I forgot to take into account the little drinks, hot chocolate, snacks (and this was buying from a Tesco.) If you aren't careful this can really mount up. A couple bottles of pop and some chocolate/crisps to snack on in the room can set me back £5. (I swear a 500ml bottle of diet coke was 75p, now it's 1.30-1.40!) Of course I'm travelling light so can't take lots of multipack stuff with me, which is a pain.

For the second, it's a lot simpler. Went into the british museum, didn't donate straight away as I thought I may as well spend some money in the shop in lieu of straight cash in the donation box. One trip to the gift shop later my wallet was £65 thinner than when I went in... Turns out I'm weak to museum shops.

That said, just like WDW/US I do love my citybreak trips. Just always need to keep an eye on the spends, just like Orlando!
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

But it's not. Its circa £400 for that.

The £2000 is for a family of 4 to go into 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, park hop, play mini golf and get the memory maker package for 14 days. You can also play a round of actual golf as well for your money.

£35 per person per day for that. Obviously you need to use it every day to get that value, but that's what they want you to do.

Disney dont want us going for 2 weeks and going to universal, sea world, bush gardens etc and staying on idrive. They want us in a disney hotel and going into their parks every day.

I think now it needs to be a choice between a Disney holiday or a rest of Florida holiday, rather than cram all in to the one holiday.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
As i said to the OP, this forum is full of fanboys who would pay anything to get in to Disney. Anyone who dares complain about increasing costs needs to join another forum
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List