Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Oct 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
princessmiya
Excited about Disney

Least recommended parks

We are looking at going to Florida the last two weeks of October 2020, I was just looking at the theme park hours and both Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom are least recommended the whole time based on this year. If it's going to be the same next year how would you look at planning your days?

We will be staying off site and there will be 11 of us.
princessmiya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Id just look between a couple of planners and come up with your own data then go on that day
Old 26 Oct 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

This year won’t be representative of this time next year. Following the opening of Galaxy’s Edge, Disney have been running “Extra” Extra Magic Hours which means HS, MK and AK have had EMH for onsite guests every morning. The Busy Day Guide automatically designates parks with EMH AS “least recommended” if you are an off-site guest (if you’re onsite, the advice is to make use of EMH). It’s very unlikely the same situation will arise next October, which will make planning easier.

That said - we’re here now (just waiting to come home sadly) and the positive effect of so many EMH options for offsite guests is that none of the EMH parks seem to be as busy as they would be if they were the only EMH option. Biggest advice for October is to avoid the MK on nights when there is NOT a Halloween Party, as these are the nights everyone goes. If you want to see HEA then I can highly recommend booking a dessert party, arrive just for that. The MK is much quieter on other days, although you do need to leave at 6.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Other than always booking DC on a weekend, avoiding BG on a weekend and (when we used to go), avoiding Disney parks when ‘extra magic hours’ we’re taking place, we have pretty much ignored predictions of when parks are busy. I do not feel that we have ever suffered as a result.

I must add that we always but always attend parks at Rope Drop and are generally out by early afternoon, returning to a park (not always and not always the same one) in the evening.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princessmiya
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
This year won’t be representative of this time next year. Following the opening of Galaxy’s Edge, Disney have been running “Extra” Extra Magic Hours which means HS, MK and AK have had EMH for onsite guests every morning. The Busy Day Guide automatically designates parks with EMH AS “least recommended” if you are an off-site guest (if you’re onsite, the advice is to make use of EMH). It’s very unlikely the same situation will arise next October, which will make planning easier.

That said - we’re here now (just waiting to come home sadly) and the positive effect of so many EMH options for offsite guests is that none of the EMH parks seem to be as busy as they would be if they were the only EMH option. Biggest advice for October is to avoid the MK on nights when there is NOT a Halloween Party, as these are the nights everyone goes. If you want to see HEA then I can highly recommend booking a dessert party, arrive just for that. The MK is much quieter on other days, although you do need to leave at 6.

That's good to know it shouldn't be like that next year. I was thinking of just seeing when we can get fast passes for FOP and work around that for AK. I did read another post about going to MK on a party night as it should be quiet in the day so will look to do that, I am also planning on going to a party so that will probably be the only night we go to MK as some of the others are not bothered about going at night. Do you know how much the dessert party is?.
princessmiya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
princessmiya
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Other than always booking DC on a weekend, avoiding BG on a weekend and (when we used to go), avoiding Disney parks when ‘extra magic hours’ we’re taking place, we have pretty much ignored predictions of when parks are busy. I do not feel that we have ever suffered as a result.

I must add that we always but always attend parks at Rope Drop and are generally out by early afternoon, returning to a park (not always and not always the same one) in the evening.
Do you know if there are extra magic hours in the morning is it usually quieter in that park in the afternoons?
Old 27 Oct 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessmiya View Post
That's good to know it shouldn't be like that next year. I was thinking of just seeing when we can get fast passes for FOP and work around that for AK. I did read another post about going to MK on a party night as it should be quiet in the day so will look to do that, I am also planning on going to a party so that will probably be the only night we go to MK as some of the others are not bothered about going at night. Do you know how much the dessert party is?.
I understand that the price is going up next year. See here disneyfoodblog/2019/0...ssert-parties/

This is Disney, so it's not cheap - especially for 11 of you! If you are planning on paying for MNSSHP and are not bothered about seeing the usual Happily Ever After Firework and projection show, then the dessert party might not be worthwhile. We paid for it because we've not been since HEA started and really wanted to see it. With minimal showings due to the parties - and the resulting crowds - this seemed like the best way of ensuring a good view without staking it out for hours. It definitely paid off. The new MNSSHP fireworks and projection are excellent themselves though, and if you go to a party night you'll obviously get to see those.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List