Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Oct 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Thank you. You do not know how much your comment has given me relief. God bless you going through Chemo... as some said to me kill the (Trucker) but a ruder word. Slay the beast.

Always here if you need an ear. xxxx
Thank you, I’m trying to decide if I’ll feel better after a nap or a vomit... it’s a glamorous life!

Obviously those things I mentioned all come with levels of seriousness and it’s good that it’s being investigated further regardless- I didn’t want to give you false pretences that it was something necessarily ‘better’ because no one wants pneumonia but yes a shadow is not always what you’re thinking. I’ve been called out for giving advice previously so I’m trying to get the balance between staying out of it and giving facts.

I hope everything is resolved quickly for you and you can find some comfort in some good chocolates/wine/whatever your treat is xxx
Old 30 Oct 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

I can totally understand why you feel so anxious and worried about it, you’ve been through an awful lot already and naturally fear the worst in these situations.
X-rays can be useful diagnostic tools but aren’t always used for diagnosis in isolation, sometimes further clarity is needed. A couple of examples are a patient I am seeing at work who had been sent for a chest x-ray by someone else, the report states the findings are indicative of the early stages of copd. I wouldn’t make a copd diagnosis from that though as although it looks indicative it’s not definitive, indeed further tests prove no copd. My husband also had an abnormal chest x-ray, we received a phone call on the evening of the afternoon it was taken asking him to return urgently for further x-rays as he had shadowing in both lungs. In this case they needed different views and it turns out he has an abnormal rib cage which makes standard view x-rays look highly suspicious. Now I’m not saying this is the case for you but I would say that as a clinician myself I would definitely be arranging different imaging for you, mainly to be assured that this shadow is as innocuous as they seem to think it is.
Evil queen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Anyway Tracy time for tough love! You have spent an absolutely gorgeous day moping in bed, (your words not mine). The forecast is good again tomorrow so we want you up, showered, dressed and out in the fresh air with those dogs! Go and look at the sea I promise it will help you. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi there 💕
Sending my love and positive vibes 🤗
No wonder you are scared witless and as others have said there is no point in saying ‘don’t worry’ but please try to stay positive. Have they got back to you with a date yet? The sooner the better really.
Please keep us updated.
A few years ago the doctors could not get my thyroxine dosage right (been on medication for under active thyroid for over 25 years) so I was sent for a ultrasound on my thyroid. The day after my doctor rang me at 8pm and told me that I had 2 tumours, 1 5cm x 1cm and the other 4cm x 2cm .
He said they was more likely to be benign tumours but will do further tests.
My dad had passed away 12 months previous to this with thyroid & throat cancer so I was in melt down, it was awful. At 8am my husband took me to the surgery demanding to see the doctor for more information etc. Waiting for the further tests was awful. They are benign and they scan them every 12 months and that’s bad enough so I can only begin to imagine what you are going through.
Take care and big hugs x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Oh my lovely so sorry you are going through thru this. No point saying dont worry as we all would. But the bottom line is 'will worrying actually make any difference to any result?' No it will not so keep thinking that and stay positive,you can get an inconclusive result for the silliest things. Cuddle the dogs and Nick and think Good thoughts dont let the bad take over.
I am now awaiting an MRI, I was due to have an op for my tumour last Tuesday but no bed available for me - great! Sod them all, we are off to Fishermans Return next week, having change the dates twice already but hay ho let see if I get called in for and MRI instead. Come join us for very large glass of something if your able. PM me if you can make it.
Lets think positive thoughts for each other. xxx Pat xxx
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile

I know just how you feel. My cancer was discovered after my doctor suggested an extra check as ‘belt and braces😓’
However thank for she did as it was found relatively early. I hope you will be soon back on track and feeling more positive.
Huge hugs x x
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

God bless you, I sincerely hope that it all comes back clear as it sounds like you have been through the mill and more.
Hoping the scan gets arranged asap as I'm sure the waiting and worrying is awful.
Sending a bucket load of pixie dust. Take care xxxxx
Ps people on this forum are awesome, I could weep reading these comments of support. Hopefully its giving you comfort xx
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Keep positive & stop worrying, a few years ago I had a bad chest infection, 2 lots of antibiotics, X rays Then CT scan with the dye, thought I was seriously ill, all this just after Xmas, went to see the Chest Consultant within a week, nothing to worry about he said, someone had thought they’d seen something on the X-ray, so I was rushed for tests.

It will all be ok
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Thank you to everyone who has taken to time to reply and be there for me.

My appointment is for Tuesday...… keeping the Winery's going at the moment to dull the pain.

God willing everything will be okay.

Love to everyone who has cared. xxxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Keep positive & stop worrying, a few years ago I had a bad chest infection, 2 lots of antibiotics, X rays Then CT scan with the dye, thought I was seriously ill, all this just after Xmas, went to see the Chest Consultant within a week, nothing to worry about he said, someone had thought they’d seen something on the X-ray, so I was rushed for tests.

It will all be ok
Bless you. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks for being there. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List