Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Nov 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Poppy Day... the lilac poppy.

Please don't forget the animals that helped the war effort too with the lilac poppy. Sadly there are not many people selling them but you can get them online.

xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 08:54 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think they are purple not lilac Hun.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I think they are purple not lilac Hun.
Purple or lilac, please buy one. Just ordered 5 from Amazon... gotta give the kids one on their collars.
Cant seem to find a huge one for Mr. Douglas' Pram.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Got mine a few years ago online 💛
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

But if people want to Google them they are purple not lilac that's all I meant.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Make sure you buy them from the right place otherwise the money might not go to the charity. On fb there is a group called Murphys army purple poppy campaign.
There is a link to an eBay selling site to buy them off. All proceeds are split between 2 charities, but more detailed info is on that fb group.
I hope posting a photo will be ok.

Edited at 09:35 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

One of my dd’s vet student friends has crocheted beautiful ones and is selling them to donate to the proceeds to an animal adoption charity. Such a lovely gesture.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

These are the words of a friend with a long military career from a military family. Lots of people jumping on the bandwagon and cashing in at the moment. Not good.

'So once again it's that time of year when we get to the great poppy debate. White poppy? Rainbow poppy? Purple poppy? I get it; people want to show their feelings and passion for a cause or belief that they have an affection for. I have no problem with that, but what I do have a problem with is using the poppy as your symbol. Use something else, I dont care what, but not a symbol that has for generations been a symbol of the fallen; a bright red poppy to show that we will not forget those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice be that man, woman, child or animal and irrespective of race, religion, gender, sexual persuasion or biology. The blood red poppy IS the symbol that shows remembrance for ALL that have paid the ultimate sacrifice.'
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

It's great that people are donating to charities, but ripping off the poppy idea?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
It's great that people are donating to charities, but ripping off the poppy idea?
I don’t understand why you think that. Purple Poppies are representative for animals lost during conflict, same as white poppies are representative of the Peace Plegde Union.
In fact there is a large memorial for Animal in War by Hyde Park that had a purple poppy wreath on there when I walked past last week.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List