Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Nov 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Maybe it’s me being think (probably) but I fail to see how a purple poppy has anything to do with animals that helped in the war effort?

I’m sure that many thousands of innocent animals sacrificed their lives but who in their right mind decided that the best way to remember them is to copy the poppy in another colour and take away money from the poppy appeal and give it to a charity to find a missing dog?

I’m an animal lover, in fact my 2 best friends are black Labradors but I see as awfully distasteful.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Funny isn't it... reading some responses to these threads, I now see why I love animals especially mine, so much and hold them in such high regard.

Buy whatever poppy you want.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Clairelovestate mentions Murphy as being 'the charity' about halfway down the first page. There's a photo link. Most people identify poppies with a completely different charity to one for missing dogs.

Charities cashing in on the poppy appeal by creating their own poppies does indeed 'stick in my throat'.

I don't like other charities cashing in on the poppy/rememberence campaign, never have, never will.
It isn’t a charity for a missing dog. If you click on the about it says for remembrance of animals in the war.
I posted it because that is the main organisation for people who would like to buy a purple poppy. I didn’t wan anyone to get ripped off.
You have said your point about charities ‘stealing’ the poppy, but some of us animal lovers would also like to remember the animals died in the war too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

The dog on the emblem is the missing dog called Murphy. The charity called Murphy's Army that is selling the poppies keeps half of the money from the poppy sales for themselves. They look for lost pets.

They are profiting from the sale of poppies.

I disagree with it.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

Surely the red poppies are sold to help to both remember the fallen from all wars and to support and retrain members of the armed forces who are injured now, as well as support the families of those that have lost their lives in more recent times. I think that is where the money from poppies should go and for that reason I would not support any poppies where the donations go towards animals.
sidsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sidsmum View Post
Surely the red poppies are sold to help to both remember the fallen from all wars and to support and retrain members of the armed forces who are injured now, as well as support the families of those that have lost their lives in more recent times. I think that is where the money from poppies should go and for that reason I would not support any poppies where the donations go towards animals.
so the animals who gave their lives in the war, the horses etc... they are nothing to you. Don't you just love the human race and their compassion ?
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 11:41 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

No animal that gave its life is going to benefit to be fair, and they don’t have a family left behind that need support either. Not disgusting really, just a valid opinion I think.
sidsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

No animal that gave its life is going to benefit to be fair, and they don’t have a family left behind that need support either. Not disgusting really, just a valid opinion I think.
Yep, disposable.
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

Oh, I see you edited the “disgusting” description. Thank you.
Old 7 Nov 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Oh, I see you edited the “disgusting” description. Thank you.
Hope that makes your compassion feel better.