Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Nov 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Phantom kicks

Gotta ask you lot.

Does anyone else get those feelings in your stomach like a baby is kicking?
I never got this until after I had my two and I keep getting it.
Dr say it’s gas and it could quite possibly be but it goes on for hours and it really disturbs me. It feels so really too.

I do not want any more kids. I feel I’ve got to the exact place for me and our family. To conceive both me and hubby had to take medication so now that I am on the pill and he doesn’t take anything there should be no more babies but I keep having dreams about having another one and it kinda panics me a lot.

Anyone else get this phantom kicks?
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I do! And yes it's gas lol if John's holding me round the middle in bed sometimes he thinks I'm preggers lol
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Gotta ask you lot.

Does anyone else get those feelings in your stomach like a baby is kicking?
I never got this until after I had my two and I keep getting it.
Dr say it’s gas and it could quite possibly be but it goes on for hours and it really disturbs me. It feels so really too.

I do not want any more kids. I feel I’ve got to the exact place for me and our family. To conceive both me and hubby had to take medication so now that I am on the pill and he doesn’t take anything there should be no more babies but I keep having dreams about having another one and it kinda panics me a lot.

Anyone else get this phantom kicks?
Its just wind moving through your gut. Nothing to worry about.
Old 10 Nov 19, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’ve read a few articles linking this to endometriosis. I get this a lot and feel the 2 are related for me.!
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I get it as well!
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Yes, often, it’s just a spasm of the abdo muscles according to my obs and gynea friends. Many years ago I even went to the GP about it as I was worried I had a secret baby (it runs in my family with both my mum and aunt bleeding through out their pregnancies and finding out last on) alas thankfully nothing!

Edited at 09:46 AM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

It proper freaks me out. Really can’t have another. Would be bad anyway as had two c sections and they don’t like doing anymore they said.

Yes have endo so could be that but it literally goes on all the time for days then I have nothing for a while.

So glad it’s not just me
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Mobile

I do too, in fact the other evening I could feel it from touching my tummy too.
Old 10 Nov 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve had no kids, but I have exactly what you’re describing quite often (I presumed it felt the same as a kick, sometimes a full on kick, sometimes a flutter)

Interestingly though, I do have both PCOS and Endo. I’ve actually been talking about asking my GP for a referral back to the Gynae to discuss my treatment options (it’s one of those where they fit a coil then discharge you until it’s needed again or there’s a problem). I’d be keen to discuss this with them, as I do fee my current treatment isn’t as effective anymore. This would back that up, so thank you!
Old 10 Nov 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
I’ve had no kids, but I have exactly what you’re describing quite often (I presumed it felt the same as a kick, sometimes a full on kick, sometimes a flutter)

Interestingly though, I do have both PCOS and Endo. I’ve actually been talking about asking my GP for a referral back to the Gynae to discuss my treatment options (it’s one of those where they fit a coil then discharge you until it’s needed again or there’s a problem). I’d be keen to discuss this with them, as I do fee my current treatment isn’t as effective anymore. This would back that up, so thank you!
I’ve had endo for over 12 years but only noticed these kick things after having the kids.
I have loads of symptoms of pcos but test came back negative for that.

Don’t think I would be as bothered if I wasn’t so worried about getting pregnant again. I keep taking tests just to reassure myself I’m not pregnant.