Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Nov 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

My problem is that I don’t think she will know these rhymes. I didn’t remember any till I asked on here. Don’t wanna send her in something she can’t explain or sing.
Really wish I was good at crafts and stuff so I could make her something but I’m pretty useless at that.

On a side note this school they are now in is really very good. Scarlett has always been forward and clever but I always worried about Georgia cos she doesn’t focus. She’s very much “oh squirrel” and it doesn’t help when big sister always chimes in before her to answer stuff but she’s learnt 2 new songs last week. Been trying to get her to do the abc rhyme for months and she always said something random in the middle and sounded so cute but it wasn’t right. It all just seems to have clicked for her. She did a phonics exam and we’re told she’s top of the class but she is the oldest too. She’s been given a book to read, only three letter words like Sam sits. It’s a pin etc. But she was never given this in the other school. She’s even got four words to learn to spell (for,he,corn,sort) which I think maybe are too big but she’s getting good and it’s only been since Friday. She’s been there for 6 days now and she has learnt more than I think she has since January in the other school.
So even though I am now stressing about costumes I am happy that it will all be so worth it.
Wish we had found this school when we moved.

Edited at 11:15 PM.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
My problem is that I don’t think she will know these rhymes. I didn’t remember any till I asked on here. Don’t wanna send her in something she can’t explain or sing.
Really wish I was good at crafts and stuff so I could make her something but I’m pretty useless at that.

On a side note this school they are now in is really very good. Scarlett has always been forward and clever but I always worried about Georgia cos she doesn’t focus. She’s very much “oh squirrel” and it doesn’t help when big sister always chimes in before her to answer stuff but she’s learnt 2 new songs last week. Been trying to get her to do the abc rhyme for months and she always said something random in the middle and sounded so cute but it wasn’t right. It all just seems to have clicked for her. She did a phonics exam and we’re told she’s top of the class but she is the oldest too. She’s been given a book to read, only three letter words like Sam sits. It’s a pin etc. But she was never given this in the other school. She’s even got four words to learn to spell (for,he,corn,sort) which I think maybe are too big but she’s getting good and it’s only been since Friday. She’s been there for 6 days now and she has learnt more than I think she has since January in the other school.
So even though I am now stressing about costumes I am happy that it will all be so worth it.
thats great that the girls are settling in so well at their new school .

as far as remembering a nursery rhyme - old macdonald is a song one so you could show her youtube clips of the song before next week, she only needs to remember the chorus and one verse (with whatever animal she takes with her as her prop ).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post

Glad to hear she's settled and you're happy with the school.

Regarding the nursery rhymes and her not knowing them, I'm sure she knows certain ones as this must be their topic for this term if they're dressing up for them. (It was our topic last term)
If there's one suitable for her (and you) to dress up in and she doesn't know the rhyme then teach her it. Say it while she's in the bath, getting ready in the mornings, getting her hair done, walking/driving to school etc.
And when she learns that one, teach her another one.
I work in a school myself and it saddens me that kids don't know nursery rhymes or simple traditional stories, or even say please or thank you as they're not taught at home. But hand them an iPad and they know more than me.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List