Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I get that this is really annoying, but I think that your MD is being a bit of an ≈≈≈≈.

How old is the Fiat 500, and what does your contract actually say?

I was a Financial controller of a very large well known company, and I drove a 3 year old Fiat 500, as that was what I wanted to drive at the time. I since sold it because i was doing more motorway driving, but still, I would have been furious if they commented.

I managed to get away with a salary uplift at my new company rather than a car allowance, but if I had a car allowance, my car would have to be of a similar age to the company cars provided, 0-4 years old. I think that is harsh, as my current car a Seat Leon is 5 years old and in great nick, but those would be the rules. In that instance I would probably take a company car rather than selling perfectly good cars. But I digress.

I would dig a copy of my contract out, and get very firm with your MD, so that he doesn’t have the cheek to even mention stopping your car allowance
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
The same thing happened two years ago in another supermarket car park! So, this will be the second new wing and bumper I’ve had on it.
I almost posted yesterday that your front wing doesn't match your bonnet.
Red can be a difficult colour, especially with all the different shades and types of paint.
If the same people are repairing your car this time don't accept it until you are happy.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
I almost posted yesterday that your front wing doesn't match your bonnet.
Red can be a difficult colour, especially with all the different shades and types of paint.
If the same people are repairing your car this time don't accept it until you are happy.
To be fair, that has happened over time. I think red paint fades worse than other colours and it has faded at different rates. It also looks worse in the picture than it is. I’d say it’s only become noticeable in the last few months.
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

seems massively over long time

not sure why you would call the RAC after a bump & not your insurance though?
/
not a criticism but i assume you have informed your insurance company
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
seems massively over long time

not sure why you would call the RAC after a bump & not your insurance though?
/
not a criticism but i assume you have informed your insurance company
I phoned the RAC as there was something leaking and I didn’t know whether I could drive it home. So it was my RAC breakdown I was calling and they put me through to SGS. They delivered the hire car within half an hour. I notified my insurance company on the Sunday by email then phoned on the Monday and explained what had happened. They said they wouldn’t process the claim at that time but to call again if there were any issues getting it sorted.
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
To be fair, that has happened over time. I think red paint fades worse than other colours and it has faded at different rates. It also looks worse in the picture than it is. I’d say it’s only become noticeable in the last few months.
Since the move from 2 pack to water based paints over 10 years ago the red colour fade has not been an issue thankfully. So unless.it is an old car then matching is no harder than for any other colour.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List