Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 4 May 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Wrestlemania 36 Tampa

Who’s going?

Sunday 5th April, Raymond James Stadium, Tampa.

We booked flights, hotels and car yesterday. Booked direct Tampa flights from Gatwick with BA, 2 nights within walking distance of RJ Stadium, 2 nights walking distance of Amalie Stadium (rumoured location of Raw), 9 nights in Orlando and Discovery Cove ultimate non-swim tickets.

337 days to go!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I'm tempted - not really my thing but the youngest loves it, and it's got to be better than the baseball that we went to. Like cricket but slower!
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I’ve been to a couple of baseball games and the highlight for me was drinking frozen margaritas in the sunshine

It’s a long show but doesn’t feel it. My hubby is the WWE fan but I didn’t get bored during WM as it’s so exciting.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Wizz
Getting Excited

Mobile

Wrestlemania and Raw hopefully for us.
Hadn’t seen that Raw was possibly the Amalie Stadium so gave it a google and it seems our hotel is right between both stadiums, about 6/7 miles each way 👍
Would be great to get Axxess if they do it in the Monday.
DH, DS1 & DS2 are the big fans but I quite enjoy it. DS3 is being dragged along for the ride lol, he’ll definitely prefer Disney 😀
Wizz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I have no idea what you're talking about - what is RAW and when is it happening? If you were to go to only one, which would you choose? And do you have a rough idea of ticket prices and tips on how to book them? The kids don't know that we're going to Florida - a year out is just too long to tell them - so i can't quiz them about it without sounding suspicious.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Falcon Bird
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about - what is RAW and when is it happening? If you were to go to only one, which would you choose? And do you have a rough idea of ticket prices and tips on how to book them? The kids don't know that we're going to Florida - a year out is just too long to tell them - so i can't quiz them about it without sounding suspicious.
If you're only going to on, it has to be the actual Wrestlemania show at the stadium on the Sunday, it is basically WWE's Superbowl.

NXT is their developmental/feeder group, focuses more on quality wrestling rather that the larger than life characters and pageantry of WWE proper.

RAW (mondays) and Smackdown! Live (tuesdays) are the episodic weekly TV shows that build the stories.

Wrestlemania weekend will be multiple events.

Fri thru Sun afternoon will be Fan Axxess at a convention centre - it'll be exhibits, memorabilia displays, meets and greets etc.
Fri Eve - NXT Takeover (arena)
Sat Eve - Hall of Fame (arena)
Sun - Wrestlemania 36 (stadium)
Mon - RAW (arena)
Tues - Smackdown! Live (arena)

Some people make whole weekend of and do the lot, others will just do Mania.

Raw/NXT/Smackdown will see out quicker because it's a smaller venue.
Falcon Bird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Smackdown goes to Friday nights in October so I’m not sure how that will impact Wrestlemania weekend. I’d love NXT to be on the Tuesday night as we arrive at Saturday tea time.

We usually do NXT, Axxess, WM, Raw and Smackdown (don’t bother with HoF) and I’m not going to fib, I’m exhausted by Smackdown! I’ve had a little nap during the 205 live bit
Old 4 May 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Falcon Bird
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Smackdown goes to Friday nights in October so I’m not sure how that will impact Wrestlemania weekend. I’d love NXT to be on the Tuesday night as we arrive at Saturday tea time.

We usually do NXT, Axxess, WM, Raw and Smackdown (don’t bother with HoF) and I’m not going to fib, I’m exhausted by Smackdown! I’ve had a little nap during the 205 live bit
Ahhhh yes of course, forgot about the Fox deal coming online in Oct.

Perhaps they'll tape it that week as they'll have the arena set up, and traditionally all the superstars have a well earned break after Wrestlemania week.
Falcon Bird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Follow WWE on social media and you’ll get info on pre-sale dates closer to the time.

WM tickets will go on sale first, usually the start (ish) of November. Ticket prices start at about $35 and go upwards to thousands!

Any other questions just ask away.
Old 4 May 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
princessabi
New Poster (4)

Hi All,

New on here! We are flying out for WM follwed by Orlando!
WM being my 8 year olds xmas pressie, he loves it! has no idea!
disney princess's being my 4 year olds xmas pressie!

Hubby also loves WWE and me Disney so one happy family if I can plan this right and make this work! lol

Thanks
Emma xx
princessabi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List