Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ArielSam
Trying for More Ears

DLRP/Air France/sequoia Nov with 6 month baby - advice?

Hi all,

We’re needing a Disney fix and considering taking our baby who will be 6 Months mid November.

Any advice for taking a little one, especially in winter? We’d most likely be staying at Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights.

I see only the golden forest rooms come with fridges (for baby milk and cooled boiled water etc) can you request one for standard rooms and how likely are we to get one? Is a kettle included too as standard? Or would you advise taking a travel kettle?

What’s the latest on taking him on the gentle rides too - I see the old posts say they need to be 1 year? Has anyone tried recently with a baby under 1 year? We have a carrier, can he come on IASW / Buzz etc in a carrier? He seems to be part moth and loves coloured lights so would love those!

Also, any info or advice re flying with Air France from Manchester with a little one? I want to take my pram (joie - pram, not carrycot) - looks like I can put this in the hold for free - too big to stay in the cabin which is fine - do you know if they’ll take it off us at the check in desk or the terminal?

Can you point me to any recent trip reports with little babies for inspiration too?

Any other advice, hints and tips gratefully received!

Thanks in advance and sorry for the barrage of questions!
Sam

Edited at 10:15 PM. Reason: More questions!
ArielSam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

We went in April and stayed at the Sequoia Lodge but in a Golden Forest room and our LO was 9 months old at the time so had the fridge and kettle already in the room. Have a look at room reports on YouTube for a standard room and whats included.

We took some ready made milks in our suitcase and stored them in the fridge so not much help for you there.

We took a our Joie Umbrella Stroller with us. Flew Easyjet. They take it off of you at the gate or you can check it in with your suitcase.

Download the Lineberty app before you go for meets with a few extra characters. We put ours in a Buzz Lightyear t-shirt and had the most amazing experience with Buzz and Woody.

There is a Baby Care centre in both parks. Its just so much easier to deal with them in there with feeding and changing then trying to do it elsewhere.

We did Flying Carpets, the Peter Pan flight and IASW with him. Peter Pan was a bit rough and stop start. We left his stroller in the designated areas and just locked it up with a basic code bike chain when ever we did. For warming food/bottles recommend a Tommee Tippee Travel Bottle & Food Warmer.

Just take your time in the parks and don't expect to do everything. Quite a few rides the baby swap is 1 person goes down the main queue and you ask the attendant and the other person gets a baby swap ticket to go down the fastpass.

Edit: We used RS Transport for our transfer from CdG to DLP. Had the car seat ready in the car, waited for us as his stroller took an age to come out and picked us up on time on the way home.

Edited at 10:25 AM.
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ArielSam
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Ah, thank you so much, good info and tips there, I’ll do as you suggest! Thank you for the help!
ArielSam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List