Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Oct 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Magic Kingdom 'ticketed event 0745-9am'

So my first day is the 20th November, and as always, first day has got to be a magic kingdom day!

I am always up really early on my first day, and magic kingdom doesnt open till 9am... but I saw online they have a 'ticketed event' from 0745hrs-9am.

I looked online and they want an additional $94 to get into the park one hour and fifteen minutes earlier than everyone else! And to make it worse, only Fantasyland is open to the ticket event!

I love disney its my world, but thats a rip off for sure.

I would be tempted to do it if it was a 6am open for 3 hours ticket event, because I am always up from like 4am on my first day.

But im not paying a near extra 100$ for an hour.

Mini rant over lol
Old 21 Oct 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

It's called Early Morning Magic and you also get breakfast included in that price. Yes, it is expensive but I did it over Easter this year and really enjoyed it.

It not only allowed us the chance to ride the likes of Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and SDMT with little to no wait time - but something you cannot put a price on is being able to walk around Fantasyland with hardly any people around and the chance to take photo's with nobody in the background.

Don't forget, at 9am when everyone is making their way to do SDMT - you can move onto another two/three rides before queue's start to form and then had back to Cosmic Ray's about 9.30 for a well deserved and very tasty breakfast

Aware that it was $10 cheaper in April, but I was more than happy with the event and would look to do it again if I ever return to the magic
Old 21 Oct 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

We've also done it and loved it but it was lot cheaper when it first started ($69 in 2017)

While expensive we felt it was a reasonable value and rode Mine Train x7, Winnie the Pooh x2 and Peter Pan x2.
If the breakfast and the drinks we took away were worth c$25 then it was $4 per queue free ride. Breakfast was pretty good but was at Pinocchio Village Haus then so I don't know how the Cosmic Rays offering compares.

$94 is out of my comfort zone
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Disney aren't expecting most people to pay to go to these events. If lots of people paid to go to this event then it would negate the whole reason for it - to get access to an almost empty park for 1.25 hours and go on rides with no waits. It's meant to only be aimed at the select few. If it was affordable then lots of people would do it and it would no longer provide any benefit.

Like the OP, I wouldn't be tempted to pay for this event. I've already paid more than $100 extra to stay onsite to get the benefit of morning EMH. A small number of people do think it's a good deal though and will buy tickets for it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

An IT company is booking out the entire Magic Kingdom one evening shortly, with all restaurants and bars on 'free vend'.
Imagine the cost of that.
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
An IT company is booking out the entire Magic Kingdom one evening shortly, with all restaurants and bars on 'free vend'.
Imagine the cost of that.
I know Microsoft have booked both Universal parks on 7th November for their annual Ignite convention. Have they also booked Magic Kingdom as well? Or is it a different IT company?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jelkat
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I know it doesn't seem long but the amount you get done is brilliant. We had dwarfsx3, small world x2, met 2princesses,teacups,carolsoul,undee seas with aerial, barnstormer & dumbo (at 9) buzz lightyear b4 bfast at 9:30.
Jelkat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post

I haven't done the early morning event yet and not sure I feel the need to do the MK one, but if somebody else wants to then I don't have an issue with that. I might do the Hollywood Studios one next time if it is available.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I know Microsoft have booked both Universal parks on 7th November for their annual Ignite convention. Have they also booked Magic Kingdom as well? Or is it a different IT company?
Gartner 22 October- tomorrow. They have bought out what otherwise would have been a Halloween party. Apparently it costs millions. All attractions open, characters, all restaurants and bars open on free vend, special fireworks show.

It is disgraceful really if you are an average punter- Monday to Friday you can only see fireworks on Wednesday- every other day is either a Halloween party or this. I do not know how Disney get away with it- but they do!

Who would not like to be attending this event on 22/10 though?!

Edited at 07:27 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

If someone does it, is the rest of the park free to walk around and take photos? like, can you spend some time on Main Street etc? and also, do you have to attend the breakfast if you dont want to? I have a Lundh reservation at be our guest and dont want to ruin my appetite.