Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Nov 19, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

The Ibis at Val d'Europe used to be my go to hotel for solo trips - literally right outside the RER station exit (though this is a different exit from the one for the shopping centre so the shopping centre is a little bit of a walk away), clean and comfortable, though the rooms are on the smaller side.

I've also stayed at the Hipark Serris which is sort of at the other end of the massive Val d'Europe shopping mall from the Val d'Europe RER, but this means that it is closer to DLP so it's definitely walkable, I'd say it took me around 20 minutes or so to walk. Will add that it seemed a bit deserted at points though and I wouldn't do this walk if it was very late in the evening.

Like some other previous posters in this thread - I prefer relying on the RER for transport compared to hotel shuttles, as the RER is a very quick journey of a few minutes between Val d'Europe and Marne La Vallee stations, and there is an RER train at fairly frequent intervals.
Old 8 Nov 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
The onsite packages include tickets for length of stay. If offsite you need to buy tickets, and by the time you have bought about 3 days worth of tickets, it may be cheaper to buy an annual pass, which then gives you discounts.
Thanks.

I’m still trying to price up two night next September but it’s coming out at nearly £3k.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Thanks.

I’m still trying to price up two night next September but it’s coming out at nearly £3k.
Don’t book without an offer - there is always an offer! Either on the UK site or one of the other countries’ sites. Might be too early yet.

Midweek is cheaper (and quieter).

Book transport separately.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Don’t book without an offer - there is always an offer! Either on the UK site or one of the other countries’ sites. Might be too early yet.

Midweek is cheaper (and quieter).

Book transport separately.
Thanks for that. I’ll start a daily watch
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks.

I'm an annual pass holder and visit around 6 times a year. I usually stay offsite as prices now are ridiculously high, I usually book via e bookers but I do lots of research on prices before booking, looking at sky scanner for flights and numerous sites for hotels such as expedia, travel republic and hotels.com. I also become members at some of the hotels as you can get discount if a member and book direct with them. Accor hotels for ibis give 5 % discount for members always worth looking.
I usually stay at the ibis Val de europe as very handy to rer, in fact we feel we get back to our room quicker than when we stayed onsite at hotel Santa fe! This time I booked flights and hotel through e bookers as it worked out cheaper, we are staying 2 nights at hi park, flying from Birmingham, excellent flight times so we get almost 3 days in the parks, fly out on 29th Nov and back 1st Dec, 3 adults cost us £200 each. I booked this about 3 weeks ago.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
I'm an annual pass holder and visit around 6 times a year. I usually stay offsite as prices now are ridiculously high, I usually book via e bookers but I do lots of research on prices before booking, looking at sky scanner for flights and numerous sites for hotels such as expedia, travel republic and hotels.com. I also become members at some of the hotels as you can get discount if a member and book direct with them. Accor hotels for ibis give 5 % discount for members always worth looking.
I usually stay at the ibis Val de europe as very handy to rer, in fact we feel we get back to our room quicker than when we stayed onsite at hotel Santa fe! This time I booked flights and hotel through e bookers as it worked out cheaper, we are staying 2 nights at hi park, flying from Birmingham, excellent flight times so we get almost 3 days in the parks, fly out on 29th Nov and back 1st Dec, 3 adults cost us £200 each. I booked this about 3 weeks ago.
£200 for the hotel ? I’m off to check that out
Old 8 Nov 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks.

How many of you are going (Adults/ kids) for how long, and which hotel did you look at? That sounds loads. I assume that doesn't even include transport due to it not being available yet. (Though it's nearly time for September Eurostar dates, I think)

I've booked for 2 adults, 3 nights 4 days, sequoia lodge with HB plus, and €100 card, and it was just over £800. This is November next year, Sunday - Wednesday. I then have had a discount added as my mum needs some assistance due to rheumatoid arthritis. But the £800 is before the discount, I'll attempt to get the £76 each Eurostar returns on the day the return journey appears online. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

£200 for the hotel ? I’m off to check that out
£200 each for hotel and flights!
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies i have priced up 4 day park tickets and it would seem an annual pass actually works out cheaper as we are a family of 5 so would qualify for the 20% discount. We are now going to take my dad as well so are looking for rooms for 6 or two seperate rooms. I like the idea of the hipark as i like the option of walking if the buses are busy however the magic circus hotel or explorers definatly look more family friendly and im sure kids would love the pool. We are usually onsite only type of people but prices for next august seems extortionate 😔 wish davy crockett ranch had a bus system as think that would be perfect for us but we really dont want to take the car. Decisionsdecisions 🤔
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
How many of you are going (Adults/ kids) for how long, and which hotel did you look at? That sounds loads. I assume that doesn't even include transport due to it not being available yet. (Though it's nearly time for September Eurostar dates, I think)

I've booked for 2 adults, 3 nights 4 days, sequoia lodge with HB plus, and €100 card, and it was just over £800. This is November next year, Sunday - Wednesday. I then have had a discount added as my mum needs some assistance due to rheumatoid arthritis. But the £800 is before the discount, I'll attempt to get the £76 each Eurostar returns on the day the return journey appears online. X
Disney room only. We live in Spain so will drive up or fly from seville

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
£200 each for hotel and flights!
WOW