Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Nov 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Worried about fresh food!

As much as we love America style food we also like to eat a lot of vegetable and fruit. If I don’t get at least 5 a day I feel sick as a dog. And my parenting anxiety kicks In convinced the kids will get scurvy... 😜

I have looked at so many gorgeous food reports but many seem to really lack much colourful options 😏
Please reassure me a variety is freely available and is able to have as sides instead of fries or mac and cheese? We found this in NYC last year as this was an issue and we had to spent a fortune on cut up fruit and veg to survive!
We are mainly off site but I am not planning on doing food at the villa so will be eating in the parks most days, mainly QS

Edited at 01:20 PM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd certainly call in to the supermarket and get a good supply of fruit to eat in villa or take out with you
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Everywhere will offer a side salad or a starter salad.

Hot vegetable side dishes are more limited. I’m just looking at banana breeze and you can have broccoli, green beans or asparagus. I think that’s fairly typical.

Salad bars are very popular so you may want to look for places that offer them.

In the Disney parks you can check all the menus online. I, just looking at Columbia harbour house who offer green beans and carrots

disneyworld.disney.go/en...r-house/menus/

I would suggest using the app to pre order as it clearly lists all the options and sometimes the menus on the wall don’t make the alternatives as obvious.

Again in the parks there are lots of salad options. It’s hot veg which is harder to find.

Edited at 01:42 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

try sweet tomatoes, a buffet salad bar with nice soup, pasta and breads and cheap
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I'm the same and we always stay onsite with the QSDP, so I'm always on the look out for options with veges for me. It is possible if you do a bit of research beforehand. We got back on Tuesday and I wrote a QSDP food report, along with photos of everything we ate, so you might find some ideas on there
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150176

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

other than having a salad veg option for sides are pretty limited when we've been it usually ends up being broccoli which is rock hard some places have green beans. I also find fruit/veg tends to be really expensive to buy.
Os locations often offer bags of carrot sticks, apple slices or grapes as a side for kids meals but you usually have to sub them for the fries

sweet tomatoes is a must for veggie options if your offsite

we had the dining plan so used a lot of credits on fruit pots but at approx $6 for a plastic cup of grapes I'd begrude paying it oop
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Try Golden Corral, they have plenty of fresh fruit and veg also a good choice of cooked veg.
Old 9 Nov 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola34
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

In previous years we’ve always found Olive Garden to have lovely salads, we tend to stock up at the supermarkets. Cracker Barrel have veg options but some of it is totally different to what we have at home
07 - Calabay Parc 08 - Calabay Parc 09 - Bridgewater @ Town Centre Crossing 09 - Westridge 11- Marbella North 12- Westridge 13- Westridge 14- Westridge 15- Calabay@Tower Lake 16- Calabay @Tower Lake 17- Calaby@Tower Lake 18- Champions Resort
Lola34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Try Golden Corral, they have plenty of fresh fruit and veg also a good choice of cooked veg.
And a salad bar, baked spuds, and baked sweet potatoes.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I am American and travel a bit. I tend not to shop in tourist areas but do shop when I travel.

Grocery stores (I am a Whole Foods lover) have lots of fruits and veggies and when my kids were young (and now when I travel with the grandkids) we would do a trip to pick up fruit and veggies-carrots, celery and lots of other veggies can be purchased precut. My kids would often have celery or carrots with peanut butter for lunch-quick and easy. We also kept a good stock of apples and bananas and other local, in season fruit. Farmers' markets are a good trip.

Last time I travelled in the states with my grandchildren not a French Fry was had.

For a meal out, Panera is a good option and you can have a fruit cup (additional fee) or an apple as a side. They do have potato chips, but not fries. Chipotle is fry free too. We do a good bit of Thai or Korean food, too.

I think the heardest part, if you are in a theme park, is to skip the junky snacks and bring your own banana, apple or orange. You can also pick up grapes from the supermarket and bring small baggies in disposable plastic containers of them, for 6 dollars, you can get a few pounds of grapes (usually $1.99 lb). Same with small bags of carrots.

I am diabetic and on a low sodium diet. I can eat out without a problem but you do have to look beyond the fries. Also, I find restaurant broccoli over cooked. And most restaurants, even McD's and the like, have salads.

Edited at 07:13 PM.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List