Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
Can you not buy ‘Michael’ on a dvd/bluray so you have it anyway?

Can you not try to negotiate F1 as part of your move to Sky Q?

Ask if they can match the package you have now at the same or less cost, as you will be signing up for a new term/contract.
Oh believe me I have tried most avenues to get a copy of Michael. I had it on Never Miss on SKY & when it came up about 18 months ago I downloaded it and have it still on there.
Yes I will see about the F1 as its been on his deal since he originally got SKY.
I have just been looking at possible Black Friday deal for SKY but its all so bloody confusing I will have a proper look again tomorrow.
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I spend ages researching before diving in for a new product and also followed all the threads on here about Sky Q.

Not that I knew about it but we also had the F1 in our package.

We upgraded about 18 months ago I think, maybe a bit less. We had 2 mini boxes and the second one we ordered and had installed when the fitter was installing the main box.
He needed a booster box for the kitchen as the WiFi wasn't great. That was free.

I used the discount on Sky Rewards to get a good price and we are very pleased with the whole thing.
The 2TB is handy as we have all of Game of Thrones and the Walking Dead retained.
I haggled the price down again about 6 weeks ago so maybe it was 14 months we have had it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

£67.50 is an awful lot without the Sports pack - you should be able to strike a deal.
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
I believe DH will loose the F1 unless I can really push to keep it as he has had it since he joined SKY.

It's still all speculative as unless I can have it all at the same price as we are paying now (£67.50) we will either stay as we are and try for a cheaper deal or look elsewhere.
We were on the old HD Pack which included Sky Sports F1HD.
We were quite happy until Sky wrote to us advising of a price increase to £47.50.
After some fairly lengthy chat sessions on Sky website we realised we were paying more for our HD Pack with 'free F1' than it would cost to change to the new package with F1 charged separately.
We now pay £35 including Sky Sports F1HD.
(No movies, no Netflix).
We had Netflix for The Crown but didn't feel it was worth paying £3 per month for it to Sky.

Some people are paying less than us for everything but that's the best we could do at the time.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

2TB is plenty enough space. I can confidently say it can hold over 400 episodes of peppa pig and somehow has recorded descendants 3 four times (including 2 with the singalong version).

Netflix will depend on what you want. It sometimes has box sets that sky doesn’t have (I recently got line of duty through it) and we’ve found a few series we like. In the main, it appears to have middling drama series and Christmas romantic comedies. I’ve not spotted any particular exclusive films.

If you have anything like BT sport as well it will only play through the main box; Netflix and all sky channels work on all boxes as you like
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

There are some good deal coming on Black Friday, its just so difficult to understand exactly what is and what isnt included. I think I will do Sky Chat tomorrow and will report back if I get anything sorted.Thanks so much for all the info tho, it is a help.
Old 23 Nov 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Update.
Rang yesterday & asked how I find when our Contract date is. Oh why madam? DH wants to cancel if its coming up please. Turns out we been with them so long we dont actually have a contract date!
So I said oh great that means we can cancel without penalty then! Well let's talk about keeping you, your such loyal customers i think we can do something for you. We have some good deals on for Black Friday.
Half an hour later, long story short, after saying no several times to them, going from £67.50pm, we now have :
Sky Q 2TB Box plus 1 mini box, Multiroom, Ultra HD, Entertainment, Cinema, Box sets, Catchup, Netflix plus All Sports channels (only wanted to keep F1 that we already had but it was £18 for that & £15 for All Sports !) No Engineers fitting fee, (due to being Diamond VIP Members thanks Mr. Tom for making me join that)) £20 admin fee removed all for £57.50. For 18 months from it going live.
I accepted it but said it was up to DH, so during the 14 day cool off period I may ring again & say he wants me to see if we can get that price down a bit (worth trying)
Only downside no Engineers available to fit till 6th January but advised to ring every few days to see if there had been any cancellations for us to be fitted in before then.
So thank you for all the advice from Dibber's without who I would never have bothered!
Spurred on by my success I then went on to BT having seen their Black Friday offers as my contract for Ultra Fibre Broadband & Mobile & Anytime calls landline is up for renewal in January & got 24 months at my present price £13pm BB & Landline, mobile £4 PM plus a Ring Camera Doorbell free (I pay my rental upfront yearly)
So in all a bloody good day yesterday. Thank you again to everyone for the help & encouragement.

Edited at 10:26 AM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Nice job!
I can’t help with sky as we haven’t had it for years (we use Netflix and nowtv) but I really rate Netflix for watching shows, not so much for films (except for all the Christmas ones right now) I don’t think it’s too much of a replacement for the cinema package (the cinema pass on now tv is much much better for that) but Yourll have both so you decide what works best for you!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Was going to say Sports is half price at £15 at the moment (nice as although it’s an 18 month offer it’s a rolling monthly contract ) as is Cinema at £9.50 instead of £19.

Biggest bargain is Ultimate on Demand though Boxsets and Netflix for £6 so cheaper than Netflix alone.( if you already have Netflix you can migrate your existing account too) Boxsets alone is £2.50

Do make sure you signed up for VIP new or old customer ...it’s free and comes with a Sky Store voucher just for joining as well as getting you other discounts like big saving on the soundbox (which is a lovely bit of kit , knocks spots off our old sound bars ) free show and sports tickets, and for long time customers 1tb box plus mini for £20 installation ... oh multi screen sub is half price atm too £6.50 instead of £13.

Yes I’m bored atm ,and missing out on lots of sales as stuck in bed with a nasty vertigo attack. Not great as OH is off work too after an op on his hand . So I’m staggering around like a drunken sailor and he only has one free arm to catch me <sigh>

Edited at 11:32 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We recently changed to the SkyQ 2tb and I’m very glad we did. We all love it and can each watch our own stuff easily. We also moved our broadband from BT Sky and it’s been so much better. I spoke to an extremely helpful advisor who took lots of time explaining everything and finding me the best possible deal and discounts. Our package was actually cheaper than what we were paying previously and I’ve recently moved our Netflix over. I was worried that we would have loads of hassle but it was quite the opposite and I’m delighted!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List