Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Sep 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Okay, I used waxing for my legs and biking if i go on holiday but epilators on face, I don't think so as i sometime used it for my legs but face can be very sensitive.

I think you should go to beauty and find out what best way for it.

What about electroysis? I used it long times ago and it was good but very painful on middle lip as beauty told me around middle lip is sensitive

unfortunately I cannot do it anymore because I have an cochlear implant.

I carry on lip and chin waxing by beauty shop.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 10:29 PM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Waxing at the local beauty salon. Ouch but quick.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by School teacher View Post
I have an epilator that has facial attachment. I do my legs, underarms, bikini line and upper lip with the various components. You get used to it. X
Yep, I agree with this. The first time hurts like , but after that, you don't really feel it - as long as you keep it up.

I lost mine so hadn't used it for a couple of years and just stuck with shaving/hair removal cream. Bought a new one recently and was back to square one the first time I used it, but the second, I didn't feel it at all.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I am in awe of you lot! I can only epilate my legs after a very large gin has been drunk. The thought of epilating underarms or top lip makes me want to faint!
First putting it on the legs is AWFUL. I think it’s worse when you don’t use often and so it’s new - it hurts like crazy but then you sort of go numb! (Until you move to the other leg 😂😂.
Any other area I would need gas and air 😂😂
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t find epilating my legs at all painful. Am intrigued about the other epilator attachments for underarms etc - what brand do people who use them recommend please?
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I either shave or wax my legs, I've always wondered about eplilators, do they take a long time to do a leg and is it more painful than waxing?
With regards to top lip, I would wax it. I do mine myself but if you have sensitive skin I would suggest going to a well respected salon and discuss as I am sure that they would have experienced this before.

This ageing thing is a bit rubbish, my hair is getting thin, but bits are sprouting up all over the place
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hopefulholiday View Post
I either shave or wax my legs, I've always wondered about eplilators, do they take a long time to do a leg and is it more painful than waxing?
With regards to top lip, I would wax it. I do mine myself but if you have sensitive skin I would suggest going to a well respected salon and discuss as I am sure that they would have experienced this before.

This ageing thing is a bit rubbish, my hair is getting thin, but bits are sprouting up all over the place
The thing is with the epilator it’s 2 metal discs which rotate coming together trapping the hair and ripping it out! It’s a bit like prolonged tweezing. The thing I find is I don’t realise it misses hairs until later when I look. You go over and over and think I MUST have got everything (and yes it does take a while) but it misses. Whereas wax obviously goes over the while area and is out in one quick pull.
I think it’s good and effective and tbh I do think my legs are less hairy - maybe it kills some hair follicles? But it’s just doing it.
I wish I’d planned to wax for my trip but it’s to late now I haven’t time to grow everything 😂😂
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I recently purchased one of these from Sephora - relatively cheap, very effective and portable. I would recommend, but watch a YouTube on how to use it as there are no instructions in the box!
amazon/Tweezerman-...24920365&psc=1

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Threading is great, it's given my eyebrows which were very sparse a good shape,I sometimes get my full face threaded too,hate having peach fuzz.I don't find it painful at all.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
indie2312
Apprentice Imagineer

If you can justify the money laser hair removal I have in on lower face and full legs. Massive game changer, results after first sessions and I've waxed for years, tried threading etc but you shaved in-between I'm 26 and its not painful you can just feel it getting warmer.

indie2312 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List