Notices

Old 12 Feb 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

Florida in Europe? Disney (Cruise) and Theme Parks - Trip Report Index

I started a pre trip a few months ago for my and my daughters upcoming trip to New York and Anthem of the Seas, seeing my plans in print and as a lasting record I thought I would convert my own trip diary for our 2015 holiday into a trip report.
Our 2015 trip was a week at Port Aventura, Barcelona and then a week on Disney Magic in the Mediterranean.

Travelling on this trip are me, Gillian, I work full time in the insurance industry and my daughter Harriet (H) who was 12 at the time of the trip.

In 2014 after an amicable divorce I decided that Harriet and I needed to make some new memories and we booked 2 weeks in Florida, hence finding the DIBB and getting some fantastic advice and help in booking, planning and enjoying a fantastic 2 weeks, part on site at Disney and the other half staying on site at Universal.

Photo in Saana, Animal Kingdom - August 2014

The following year 2015 not being able to justify the cost of Florida again I started to look into replicating some of the experiences with a week at Port Aventura near Barcelona followed with a week on the Disney Magic in the Mediterranean. We've cruised in the past and both love this sort of holiday and are both adrenalin junkies when it comes to theme parks.

Pre Trip – Holiday all booked and paid for via cruise travel agent Iglu including on site accommodation at Port Aventura at the Hotel Caribe, car hire for the first week and a splurge hotel in Barcelona, the Eurostars Grand Marina which overlooks the port so will be able to see the Disney Magic from the hotel window the morning of the cruise and from the roof top pool.

Then in mid July Harriet had an accident on a trampoline and badly dislocated her shoulder, this resulted in surgery to pin it back together under general anaesthetic on Tuesday 4th August, 12 days before we were due to start our holiday.
After a few weeks pre operation of consulting the insurance company and planning how to get to Barcelona by train if H wasn’t allowed to fly, and generally worrying about the operation and whether we would get to go on holiday, the operation was a success and we were given the OK to go on holiday.
Harriet would have a scar that would need to be kept out of the sun and a sling to support the shoulder joint and we decided that the high speed rollercoasters would have to be omitted from the trip! (good excuse to go back one day!).

The Plan (index)

1. Sunday 16 August - Pre Travel Day including some pre trip planning and packing for our ‘Fish Extender’
2. Monday 17 August – Travel Day – arrive at Port Aventura
3. Tuesday 18 August – Port Aventura
4. Wednesday 19 August – Port Aventura
5. Thursday 20 August – Port Aventura
6. Friday 21 August – to Barcelona
7. Saturday 22 August – ‘Disney Magic’ time
8. Sunday 23 August – At Sea, meeting the Frozen characters
9. Monday 24 August – Naples, Italy
10. Tuesday 25 August – Civitavecchia, Italy
11. Wednesday 26 August – Livorno, Italy
12. Thursday 27 August - Villefranche, France
13. Friday 28 August – At Sea
14. Saturday 29 August – Back to Barcelona and flight home

Onwards to Pre Travel Day and working out how to change the above words to links!

Gillian.

Edited at 09:56 PM. Reason: more links added
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

Few more days posted this weekend and worked out how to link these to the index above.
Last day in Portaventura next to be posted then off to Barcelona and the Disney Magic.

Gillian
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Will be watching with interest (I tend to wait until trippies are nearly complete before I start them!)

We're off on the Med cruise this year.

From another Gillian!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for comment, I've uploaded some more days and typed up more notes but yet to add the photos and upload for the rest of the cruise days.

Seen some of your posts about your med cruise this summer, we will try to do a Disney cruise again one day, have booked royal Caribbean from New York for this summer!

Gillian.
Old 20 Feb 17, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

What a lovely holiday so far. I hope Harriet's injury didn't affect her time too much. Looking forward to reading about your cruise. X
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for reading so far, Harriet was fine with her shoulder and it healed really quickly, apart from not going on the fast roller coasters didn't affect her holiday much at all.

Will try to finish the cruise bit soon, Gillian.
Old 25 Feb 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

Trip report finished, enjoyed doing this and will save the pages as a single document as a reminder of a great holiday and fantastic memories.

Hope you enjoy reading! Gillian
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

So glad you've done a trip report - we need more Med cruise reports on here!

Putting me to shame, I've only managed 4 days so far!

Off to read now...
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

looking forward to reading
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List