Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jul 13, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Water parks as rest days?!

I can't get how people think water parks are rest days, they stress me right out! They're so busy and trying to keep an eye on kids and then they go on a slide and have to wait for you at the bottom. What if they're not there when you get down?! Lazy river... what if they drift away and you can't get them? No phones to contact DH if he wanders off with one of the kids. Don't get me wrong, I will still do them but I don't look on it as a rest day. A rest day for me is a long lie, late breakfast, lounging round the pool, out for early dinner and then a park for fireworks.

What do you all plan for your rest days? How do I make water park days less stressful because the kids and DH love them but I just feel like a big, moany, worrying stresshead!

'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
VickyJ
Apprentice Imagineer

VickyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We are a mega active family and to us a rest day may include waterparks but will always include a coaster or 2 somewhere else.
There is just no way we could chill out to the level that you have described in the last bit lol. We have booked us on a cruise at the end of this one with the view of chilling out a bit but in truth we have just booked loads of snorkelling and other water sports and hill hiking !
The Jeffreys family are very much of the opinion that you van rest when your dead. after all i dont think i have ever heard of anyone regretting having to much fun.
Poly isles 03-Portofino bay 06-Cypress point 2006-Port Orleans 09-Hard Rock 2010-AKL feb 11-Reunion Grande Jn 11-POR+Cruise Aug 13-OKW Aug 16-SSR Feb 17-S/Springs Aug17-Hyatt Aug17-VC Feb18-AKL Oct 19
I-Creek Jan 20, Vista cay 2022
VickyJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Heehee, oh we are massive lazy bums! Hubby and wee boy can get bored quite easily but me and DD could lounge for Britain I think if I didn't stress so much I would be fine and would enjoy them more!
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dave
Serious Dibber

Me and the wife love going to the water parks. Lazy river and the lagoon at typhoon. Relaxing by the bar having a little drinkie or two you cannot beat it...thinking about it now brings a smile to my face cant wait.
Big Dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dave
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by VickyJ View Post
We are a mega active family and to us a rest day may include waterparks but will always include a coaster or 2 somewhere else.
There is just no way we could chill out to the level that you have described in the last bit lol. We have booked us on a cruise at the end of this one with the view of chilling out a bit but in truth we have just booked loads of snorkelling and other water sports and hill hiking !
The Jeffreys family are very much of the opinion that you van rest when your dead. after all i dont think i have ever heard of anyone regretting having to much fun.
You must be walking around with a smile on your face only 22 days to go..get in.
Big Dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post

rest days eh

8 hours sat on plane
1 hour sat on Magical express

Holiday

8 hours sat on plane

home

you rest when you die
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

A holiday for me has to be relaxing so 5/6 days of our holiday will be spent in parks and the 9/10 remaining days will be spent eating breakfast in the villa, lounging round the pool, eating and drinking out in the evening then back to the villa for a few more drinks. Even days at the parks will still include a meal out in the evening and a few drinks.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
stephen2203
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
rest days eh

8 hours sat on plane
1 hour sat on Magical express

Holiday

8 hours sat on plane

home

you rest when you die
That sounds like our Florida trips. There's so much to pack into 2 short weeks so no time for rest. Would love to spend 3 or more weeks in Florida and have a few villa days but its unfortunately not possible
stephen2203 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Although they are tiring for the men in our family we call them rest days because we can just chill out on the lazy river. Yes admit that when our boys were young they were just as tiring as the other parks with having to watch them every minute but now they are off on the slides themselves no watching so more chilling
Old 15 Jul 13, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

I would say a waterpark day is only a rest day if your kids are older and good swimmers . If they're young and need constant supervision in the pools and slides then I agree its far from restful. Mine are teens so we will use them for rest days as we can have a lie in and leisurely breakfast and they can play all day while we play then chill. I think just the fact that we can get up at 9 instead of 7 makes it relaxing
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread