Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jul 13, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
charlie-becks
Serious Dibber

charlie-becks's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I admit most of my 2nd trip to Disney was spent reading the Eragon books lol I went out in the mornings and evenings but it was too hot for me in the middle of the day so I went to the hotel and read on our balcony in Animal Kingdom Lodge, perfect rest times lol
charlie-becks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

We use the water parks as rest days. Hit the slides early and then lie about for maybe 90 mins then we go shopping or to DTD or something. Always doing something although you feel the strain towards the end. All worth it though
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Groovee
Apprentice Imagineer

I found the waterparks weren't rest days. We did have them as I have a hidden disability so I have to pace myself. I can't do things like I used it.

My 2 are a lot older now so could go with dh together on things and let me chill reading my kindle at Typhoon Lagoon. But I loved partaking at blizzard beach.

Our rest days were shopping, lunch, back to villa for pool time then an easy tea and then laze about watching tv and dip in and out of the pool. If we'd not done this, I would have become ill and ruined it for everyone. A few times in the parks dh took the kids on a ride, while I found a shadey place to chill and rest.
Old 15 Jul 13, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

We found last year that by the time we had done the normal parks and shopping days that we only had half a day at BB and then spent our very last day at TL and then headed straight for the airport

Our kids were DD10 and DS6.5 last year. DS probably a better swimmer tbh and DD wears glasses so she couldn't see very well! Having said that, she has recently started going to our local outdoor pool with her pals without adult supervision (she's now 11) so maybe I'll be a bit calmer next year!
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LCS2008
Excited about Disney

Our planned rest days so far include a couple of days at waterparks and mini golf, a day orange picking, shopping in the malls and at the gun range, two days at the coast doing the dolphin sail and possibly a tandem parachute jump, and a day hiking and canoeing in the national parks.

We went to Mallorca to sit around the pool once, by day three I was going mad with boredom.
LCS2008 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cairacf View Post
I can't get how people think water parks are rest days, they stress me right out! They're so busy and trying to keep an eye on kids and then they go on a slide and have to wait for you at the bottom. What if they're not there when you get down?! Lazy river... what if they drift away and you can't get them? No phones to contact DH if he wanders off with one of the kids. Don't get me wrong, I will still do them but I don't look on it as a rest day. A rest day for me is a long lie, late breakfast, lounging round the pool, out for early dinner and then a park for fireworks.

What do you all plan for your rest days? How do I make water park days less stressful because the kids and DH love them but I just feel like a big, moany, worrying stresshead!

As much as I love the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon, I get your point about keeping your eyes alert for your little ones.
Seaworld always feel like a restful day to me. Sitting watching the shows and seeing the animals is enjoyable and I don't feel like we're rushing about.
This year we've planned a couple of rest days but that's because my parents (70s) are coming along with my sis, her hubby and little boy (same age as my daughter 5).

This year is the first year we're planning a couple of rest days and I really like your idea of breakfast, pool early dinner and then Fireworks.
(ok I'm off to sign up for restaurant coupons)
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sunshinekid View Post
As much as I love the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon, I get your point about keeping your eyes alert for your little ones.
Seaworld always feel like a restful day to me. Sitting watching the shows and seeing the animals is enjoyable and I don't feel like we're rushing about.
This year we've planned a couple of rest days but that's because my parents (70s) are coming along with my sis, her hubby and little boy (same age as my daughter 5).

This year is the first year we're planning a couple of rest days and I really like your idea of breakfast, pool early dinner and then Fireworks.
(ok I'm off to sign up for restaurant coupons)
We didn't do Seaworld this year but, like you, I like the idea of all the shows etc so that everyone is together and can't wander! We'll be onsite for our first week next year and will be there for 4th July but I'm not doing park that day. We think we'll do a breakfast in OKW villa then maybe hire bikes for a cycle round the resort. We'll have a car so will head into Celebration early afternoon and stay there for dinner and fireworks. That will save us a full days DDP too so means we can do a signature meal one day that needs two TS credits think this will be our only rest day in the first week!
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger
Very Serious Dibber

Live while I'm alive sleep when I'm dead
06Highlands Reserve🌸08 & 09West Haven🌸10YC🌸11West Haven🌸12BC/HRH🌸13SSR🌸14OKW🌸15SSR/Royal Pacific🌸16Carnival Cruise/SSR🌸17Oasis Of The Seas/POFQ🌸18Allure Of The Seas/POFQ 🌸19POFQ 🌸20Abandoned🌸21POFQ 🌸22POFQ Jul&Nov
ginger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've always considered a water park day to be a rest day, mainly because the park hours are shorter.

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

A waterpark is a rest day for us as its a short day...no rush to get there early...and only in the park 3/4 hours...yes active..but a good day for after a late night watching fireworks and to rest soles of feet
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread