Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Feb 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Eskie
Getting to know the DIBB

Update:- we’ll if you can call it that

It took the owner nearly 48hours to reply to a big email I sent him in 6 sentences to say that his management co had recently highlighted some issues and he was looking into it

I then emailed him to say I wished to cancel with 8 weeks notice and have my money refunded - I hadn’t signed anything or been given cancellation rights

That was 3 days ago and no response! Given that he normally replies within a couple of hours - sounds like he knows his villa isn’t up to standard

I have given him 48 hours to respond or I will issue small claims procedures against him
In the Sherriff Court (he is in Scotland)

On a positive note - found out he lives 29 minutes away from my brother 🤣
Eskie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Eskie
Getting to know the DIBB

I appreciate what you are saying Magnificent (you sound how a villa owner should act and behave) but he has done nothing to allay my fears and by not responding seems to only confirm them to me

Have you seen my comments earlier in this thread - he’s not even advertising his villa anywhere - he didn’t renew his listing in October

He owns a business in Scotland too that you need a licence for and that expired 31/12/2019 so his whole situation sounds a bit precarious
Old 25 Feb 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think you really need to slam them for a full(ifpossible full refund) but

1 it does not sound like he has any money to pay you
2 i would do it and go the whole hog to help prevent others falling into this trap
you can use Brit small claims court

PS A management company has the right to sever arrangements with the owner as is visa versa
So ask the MC why he is still representing this guy in such a terrible situation..is he still gettng paid?

PPS BTW sounds like he will soon go into foreclosure as State taxes due and they will stick a big lein on his property...wonder if he has an unpaid to date mortgage..the bank will soon be owning

None of the last 2 comments will help you I know

let us just all hope that nobody else has taken up a booking with this disgraceful guy
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Eskie
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi Susan

I agree with you - don’t think he has the money!

He asked me in December if I wanted to pay the balance earlier? I didn’t as it didn’t have to be paid then

He took 3 days to respond to my cancellation email and replied yesterday and said they “were considering my request” and would come back to me in a couple of days

I said my original deadline still stands and if no response I will issue small claims procedures in the Sherriff Court (he is from Scotland)

All of his replies recently are just a few sentences and just says he will come back to me - delay tactics if you ask me

I will not let it drop and would fly up to go to court if he tries to defend it
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Eskie View Post
Hi Susan

I agree with you - don’t think he has the money!

He asked me in December if I wanted to pay the balance earlier? I didn’t as it didn’t have to be paid then

He took 3 days to respond to my cancellation email and replied yesterday and said they “were considering my request” and would come back to me in a couple of days

I said my original deadline still stands and if no response I will issue small claims procedures in the Sherriff Court (he is from Scotland)

All of his replies recently are just a few sentences and just says he will come back to me - delay tactics if you ask me

I will not let it drop and would fly up to go to court if he tries to defend it
Definitely delay tactics. No doubt about it. Give him a deadline and then take legal action.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Eskie
Getting to know the DIBB

He finally replied 12 hours after my original deadline said the deposit was not refundable

The remaining balance he was willing to refund on the basis that he could secure another booking

Considering he had never quoted any cancellation details or that I had signed a booking form I said I would agree to the loss of deposit as that would be what most villas are at 8 weeks notice of cancellation as a gesture of goodwill

As to the remaining balance I told him I want it refunded back to me within 7 days or I will start small claims proceedings

How is he going to secure another booking when he has admitted he hasn’t got it listed anywhere?

And also I don’t trust him whether he would admit to having another booking and not tell me the truth and keep the money

Anyway - final deadline is next Thursday - no response yet from the email last night

As he seems to think deadlines don’t mean anything and he can do what he likes I will email him a copy of the court papers Thursday morning so he knows I mean business
Old 28 Feb 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

He finally replied 12 hours after my original deadline said the deposit was not refundable

The remaining balance he was willing to refund on the basis that he could secure another booking

Considering he had never quoted any cancellation details or that I had signed a booking form I said I would agree to the loss of deposit as that would be what most villas are at 8 weeks notice of cancellation as a gesture of goodwill

As to the remaining balance I told him I want it refunded back to me within 7 days or I will start small claims proceedings

How is he going to secure another booking when he has admitted he hasn’t got it listed anywhere?

And also I don’t trust him whether he would admit to having another booking and not tell me the truth and keep the money

Anyway - final deadline is next Thursday - no response yet from the email last night

As he seems to think deadlines don’t mean anything and he can do what he likes I will email him a copy of the court papers Thursday morning so he knows I mean business
I would be tempted to claim for your deposit as well because he hasn’t paid his taxes in three years and doesn’t currently have a license to rent his villa out. This means that he wasn’t entitled to take any money from you in the first place.

Edited at 09:56 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Eskie
Getting to know the DIBB

Can you point me in the direction of where I can see his taxes owed and lack of license?

Because if I can prove that I will email him again and ask for the whole lot back!
Old 28 Feb 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Can you point me in the direction of where I can see his taxes owed and lack of license?

Because if I can prove that I will email him again and ask for the whole lot back!
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1115162
Links courtesy of Magnificent. Much appreciated and we always use them now.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Eskie
Getting to know the DIBB

Found this at the same time 😀

Ok can see his taxes but can’t seem to find anything about his licence - when it expired etc