Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Feb 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Customise Magicband page errors

My trip isn’t for a while yet, but I like to check in every few days to see what options are there. Every so often I’ll get the ‘wreck it ralph’ Error page, but it’s usually back up in the next few hours or next day at the latest.

However for the last 3 days I’m getting this page constantly. I also noticed that the URL is showing as starting with ‘disneyworls.co.uk’ and then the magic band bit. I’m sure prior to this is was showing the ‘disneyworld.disney.go.com’ beginning part. I’m wondering if the magicband page isn’t recognising the .co.uk bit?

Also no matter what link I click everything now forces me to .co.uk, even when I’m trying to change to US English, or get the Canadian site. It all forces a redirect back to the UK site.

It also doesn’t matter what browser or device I use, they’re all doing the same.

Is anyone else having this kind of issue? If it’s not just me then I’ll give them time to work it out, but I just want to know if it’s global or if it’s something in my connection.

Thanks
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Solo At Disney
First POST

Mobile

Hey

My trip is in a week and I’ve been getting the same error the last few days! I’m pretty happy with my current chosen magic band, but would be nice to check on the final options to see if something better is on sale
Solo At Disney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

Yep me too, tried different devices, browsers, incognito browsing... nothing works. There was a similar thread somewhere a few days ago so I’m assuming it’s a wider issue and hopefully Disney will sort it when they see that their magic band revenue has decreased in February!
Like you I don’t go for a while, but it would be nice to see the options and choose one at some point 😆
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Using my PC I have got wreck it ralph

It works on my phone app - I am annoyed as I saw the band I wanted and now it has gone
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Carnard
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Same, had it all week and only have two days left to order. Teach me for holding out for a different band. I’ve tried different devices and different browsers but same wreck it Ralph page. I’m going to call disney today, will let you know how I get on.
Carnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Carnard
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Quick update... I called today and they managed to order my bands by phone but only standard colours not the customised. Bit annoyed as I was holding out for customised but better than all having the same colour and saved me some money!
Carnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I think Disney have ‘regionalised’ their web site so you can only access the UK part. If you use VPN you can access the magic band choices and also the full inventory of hotels (and room choices) offered on the US site.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Thanks all. It sucks for those of you with closer dates. But at least I know it’s not just me.

Originally Posted by Carnard View Post
Quick update... I called today and they managed to order my bands by phone but only standard colours not the customised. Bit annoyed as I was holding out for customised but better than all having the same colour and saved me some money!
Did they say anything about why the page isn’t accessible or give a timeline for a fix? Or did you just order the band? Sorry you couldn’t get an upgraded one

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
I think Disney have ‘regionalised’ their web site so you can only access the UK part. If you use VPN you can access the magic band choices and also the full inventory of hotels (and room choices) offered on the US site.
Yeah, that kind of sucks, I really hate this whole automatically directing you to your region that happens now with everything. Sometimes I was the other version of websites. Seeing the .co.uk all the time seemed to coincide (or maybe it’s jist that I noticed it) with this, so I wondered if the customising page didn’t recognise that extension.

(Edited for random autocorrects)
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;

Edited at 07:55 PM.
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Carnard
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Great tip thank you, it worked doing this!
Old 17 Feb 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Meb
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Using VPN (downloaded free app from Apple store have to watch 3 ads to get 10 mins access... etc. etc.) and customize section works. Finally got into my choices and the one my daughter wanted is currently sold out! At least we have time to wait and I now can keep checking to see when they renew/update choices.
2022 - Hopefully
Meb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List