Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Feb 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lastdisney
Earning More Ears

Help confused why magic bands not showing up on MDE

Hi
This might sound confusing so bear with me.
I've booked a package with virgin and then I've booked a separate hotel only booking for step daughter (she can't stay all of holiday) both show up on mde and I've been able to choose my magic bands but it hasn't given me the choice to choose hers. She has tickets assigned to her. The only things I can think of is that she doesn't get them or she needs to pay balance off upon arrival and then they will give her bands.

Does anyone know?

Thanks
lastdisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Have you already chosen your bands and are they plain or pay for ones? I have read other posts that once members choose a band it locks out everyone who didnt do theirs so they get a grey one on arrival. You could phone.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lastdisney
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Have you already chosen your bands and are they plain or pay for ones? I have read other posts that once members choose a band it locks out everyone who didnt do theirs so they get a grey one on arrival. You could phone.
Hi
Yes I did mine first then added the extra booking on. Its ok if they just get grey ones, I just wanted to check that they would get them.

Thanks
lastdisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by lastdisney View Post
Hi
Yes I did mine first then added the extra booking on. Its ok if they just get grey ones, I just wanted to check that they would get them.
She will get one. It's the only way* of opening the door to her room.

(*ok, not the only way. They could give her an RFID card instead. But they'll offer her a plain magicband first)

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
She will get one. It's the only way* of opening the door to her room.

(*ok, not the only way. They could give her an RFID card instead. But they'll offer her a plain magicband first)
She can also use her phone to open the door assuming she has a smart phone.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Is she the only name on the booking? If so I think she’ll need to log into MDE herself and link the booking to choose her band.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi
This might sound confusing so bear with me.
I've booked a package with virgin and then I've booked a separate hotel only booking for step daughter (she can't stay all of holiday) both show up on mde and I've been able to choose my magic bands but it hasn't given me the choice to choose hers. She has tickets assigned to her. The only things I can think of is that she doesn't get them or she needs to pay balance off upon arrival and then they will give her bands.

Does anyone know?

Thanks
All onsite guests get magic bands and it is nothing to do with paying the balance. What happens when you click on the a Magic bands option in MDE? It should produce a page showing all the hotel bookings that have been linked to your account.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lastdisney
Earning More Ears

Hi
When I open up my bookings it shows both but only gave me the options to choose my bands and not hers.

Thanks Angie
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
She can also use her phone to open the door assuming she has a smart phone.
I wasn't sure whether Disney was still doing this. I hadn't heard much about it since they first announced it. But, yes, you are right; it's also possible to use a smartphone.

They will still provide a MagicBand though (albeit maybe a plain grey one), unless she declines it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi
When I open up my bookings it shows both but only gave me the options to choose my bands and not hers.

Thanks Angie
But what happens when you specifically click on the “Magicbands” option in MDE. Not my bookings. As in here on the website. Is your step daughters hotel listed when you click on it?

Edited at 11:00 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List