Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It started out as a weekend in Spain! - Day Ten

Day 10 – Saturday 6th June

The day I always hate had rolled around once again – going home . I always feel this is such a wasted day as you are always just waiting to go to the airport. We awoke around 8.30am and ate our Danish pastries for breakfast that we had bought the previous day at Publix. We finished packing and left the hotel around 11am and drove towards Tampa airport. DH had done some research and found a Cheesecake Factory at a mall next to the airport so that was where we decided to eat our last American meal and I have to say that we had a lovely meal here and even though it was a huge place the service and meal quality were very good – will definitely be visiting a Cheesecake Factory again .

Got to the airport around 2pm as we didn’t really want to wander round the mall, dropped the car off and went to check in where we were stung for $50 excess baggage charge! It would have cost less to buy a 4th bag but by that time it was a bit late and we just had to pay it! I was annoyed with myself for a while for not realising how heavy that particular bag was and that I had not taken mum up on her offer to borrow her scales for that exact purpose as I never dreamt we would do as much shopping in 9 days as we do in 3 weeks! Anyhow, we played a couple of games of scrabble and read for a bit before the flight left Tampa for New York on time and we landed on time at 7.30pm.

View of New York from the airport:

Within 20 minutes we were settled into the departure lounge waiting for our flight back to Manchester at 10pm.

I have not made any further notes and from memory I can’t remember if we left on time or not. Although we were sat on the over wing exits again, this time we were on the last of the three rows so our seats reclined. I also remember that the flight home (as always) was long and tedious as I don’t sleep but I did manage to read almost all of a book I bought at the airport.

I think we landed a little bit early and for once the queue in immigration wasn’t too bad. I do want to know why getting into the US with a foreign passport has the longest line and the US citizen line is short but getting back into the UK (as a UK citizen) takes forever but the foreign passports line is always really short?

Got the cases and waited absolutely ages for our taxi to collect us but were amused watching families loading cars with amazing amounts of luggage (one in particular - fair play that they got all those cases and people in one car! ) Back to the cold, miserable June weather and back to the disappointing reality of home and work on Monday!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great report.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Really enjoyed your report.

Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like a great holiday

Enjoy the next one - you lucky thing

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 09, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post

are you sure it was worth giving up a weekend in spain for this holidayno seriously now a great report you are so lucky you didnt have to wait long for your next holiday look forward to reading that trippie
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 09, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
cheesecake factory is always yum!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 09, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
I've always wondered that about immigration as well!