Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 29 May 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Flying to Miami... Beach days?

Hello,

So we are flying to Miami, we have decided to stay our 1st night in the USA in a hotel by Miami airport (Yet to decide which one).

I'm now re sorting out our itinerary and I cannot decide if its worth travelling up and getting a hotel in Miami again the night before we fly out? Our flight isn't until 8.30pm in Miami.
I couldn't decide if it is worth spending those 1 and 1/2 days in Miami or not? or if we would get bored?

or if it is more worthwhile travelling into Miami the day we fly? Has any one ever had traffic issues?
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

When we fly back from Miami we get a late direct flight and drive down the same day. If you take the 27 it is straight forward all the way down then a turn onto Le Jeune and a left into the airport and car return. We normally stop for a meal on the way down.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We’ve booked a day room in Fort Lauderdale before flying out of Miami before now.
We picked a hotel on the beach so had a lovely pool day , luggage was safe in the room and we were able to shower before the short trip to the airport.
Kids are likely to get bored on the drive from Orlando to Miami but then I do too, it’s a very boring drive.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

We're staying at Lauderdale -by- sea for the last 2 days of our 22 day trip. Lovely beaches and lots of good restaurants.
Its an hour drive to Miami airport .
Old 30 May 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Thanks guys, I like the idea of getting a day room.. how do I do that?
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

we've done a day room before a flight back from Miami, in fact 3 weeks before the first lock down!
We used Dayuse.com it was $79 for the Hyatt House Miami Airport.
It was a 3 min walk to a Publix and a few other shops in a small mall. We got subs made up for our lunch at Publix and then chilled by the pool.
There is also Dayroom.com.
Old 2 Jun 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Thank you! I will look into that! It sounds ideal.. especially with 2 young kiddies... and I'd quite like to be able to have a shower before a long flight tbh!