Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 28 Jun 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Thoughts on when to do discovery cove

Hi all

Having moved our holiday to next year we are now going for 3 weeks

dates 21st May - 11th June 2022

First two weeks at disney coronado and last 7 days at endless summer

I'm just wondering when everyone would do discovery cove?

Was thinking memorial weekend as the number of people will be capped or should i do it in the last week. I plan to visit seaworld for a day to
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Definitely Memorial weekend if this is the only non-park day you're planning. Looking at the busy day guide, I would say the Sunday is the busiest (especially at parks that are naturally busy at weekends, like Epcot) so would probably be my choice.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Definitely Memorial weekend if this is the only non-park day you're planning. Looking at the busy day guide, I would say the Sunday is the busiest (especially at parks that are naturally busy at weekends, like Epcot) so would probably be my choice.

Thank you not sure it will be the only non park day as my children will be 11 and 8 so planning mostly half days at parks with plenty of pool or water park time
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gonnahappen
Having Dinner with Goofy

You should pretty much do it on any day of the week as long as it’s a Saturday or Sunday 😂
Gonnahappen is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I’m just about to book a 3 week holiday the same as yours but planning on going on the 17th may for 3 weeks.

2 weeks in Disney pop movies & then a week in aventura

We are Getting the sea world package and discovery cove tickets too.

My plan was to do it on the change over day for the hotels.

So check out in the morning and put everything in the hire car. Stay at discovery cove for the day and then check in Aventura on the evening.
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We always pick a weekend (numbers are limited in D.C., but not so much elsewhere).

We always go early ( in case it is washed out and need to use a later day).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydavey
slightly serious Dibber

Pardon my ignorance but Im guessing it'll be rammed on memorial weekend? is that the Saturday Sunday and Monday?
Old 23 Jul 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

My logic is always to book for the busiest day of the holiday (typically a weekend).
In your case the busiest will no doubt be memorial weekend.

I also always ensure there is ample time after the booking, just in case there is a day of awful weather and it gets cancelled (so there is plenty of time to reschedule)

Thankfully I have never had an issue with Discovery Cove being cancelled, however a couple of times we have had to rearrange SeaWorld experiences which have been impacted by weather (and been very grateful to have booked them early in the trip.)
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneydavey View Post
Pardon my ignorance but Im guessing it'll be rammed on memorial weekend? is that the Saturday Sunday and Monday?
Quite the contrary. The same number will be in Discovery Cove., be it the 4 th of July, Memorial Day or any other day… it has a very limited capacity.

That is why people tend to book it on what they believe will be the busiest day of their vacation.. in my case generally a weekend.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List