Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Oct 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by madasahat View Post
no there isnt there are cases of drink spiking but there has been no proved cases of spiking by injection. to give someone a large enough dose of ghb would need a very large needle and a large syringe if someone stuck you with that you would bloody know it any drugging of women out and about is disgusting but stop getting hysterical about something that has not been proved and drug experts say is highly unlighty
Please stop, you clearly do not know what you’re talking about and your comments are insulting.
No one knows for sure what is in the syringes and it’s not just GHB that causes blackouts and memory loss.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

no there isnt there are cases of drink spiking but there has been no proved cases of spiking by injection. to give someone a large enough dose of ghb would need a very large needle and a large syringe if someone stuck you with that you would bloody know it any drugging of women out and about is disgusting but stop getting hysterical about something that has not been proved and drug experts say is highly unlighty
This is how it was being reported on BBC radio news at tea-time.

A couple hundred annual incidents of drink spikes, many less (think it said 12 across the UK) for reported needle spikes. They reported the usual increase with spiked drinks in September as unis go back (which is sad).

They we're being careful today to say don't doubt people but that people black out and lose memory for many reasons particularly when drinking.

They said a standard needle would need a teaspoon full of 'drug' which would be felt or spotted as not 'quick'. Their words not mind. They we're keen to say Police are investigating further.

I'm not trying to undermine the reports or belittle the risk. I had a drink which I think was spiked a long time ago. It's scary. I've teenage children who will go out one day.

It's just unknown if this is an actual issue or how big considering how many millions are out each weekend.

Edited at 09:14 PM.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Me eldest saying today she’s staying local and not venturing into town. It’s a very real problem that is impacting young people’s lives to varying degrees. Makes be both angry and sad in equal measure.
I really understand this sentiment. Young people have enough to deal with .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I discussed this with DD last night who is in Birmingham.
She was telling me about a tweet her friend had received at Durham uni that was basically saying that they can prevent themselves from getting spiked!
It’s a real worry
Old 21 Oct 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
This is how it was being reported on BBC radio news at tea-time.

A couple hundred annual incidents of drink spikes, many less (think it said 12 across the UK) for reported needle spikes. They reported the usual increase with spiked drinks in September as unis go back (which is sad).

They we're being careful today to say don't doubt people but that people black out and lose memory for many reasons particularly when drinking.

They said a standard needle would need a teaspoon full of 'drug' which would be felt or spotted as not 'quick'. Their words not mind. They we're keen to say Police are investigating further.

I'm not trying to undermine the reports or belittle the risk. I had a drink which I think was spiked a long time ago. It's scary. I've teenage children who will go out one day.

It's just unknown if this is an actual issue or how big considering how many millions are out each weekend.
Bit of a coincidence then if that’s the case considering some have visible needle marks.
I’m fed up of the victim blaming in regards to things like this and I’ve never blacked out like these girls have after drinking ever and I was a bit of a binge drinker during my late teens/ early 20’s.
When my drink was spiked in 2001 I was actually kicked out of the nightclub I was in as they didn’t believe I hadn’t taken anything myself and then I passed out in the street and was picked up by someone who claimed to be a cab driver as no one would help me.
This “cab driver” I later saw on crimewatch and I had to phone in and later speak with the police.
It was bloody horrific and I still think about it to this day.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
I discussed this with DD last night who is in Birmingham.
She was telling me about a tweet her friend had received at Durham uni that was basically saying that they can prevent themselves from getting spiked!
It’s a real worry
That’s incredible stuff, shockingly bad.
bigseve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Bit of a coincidence then if that’s the case considering some have visible needle marks.
I’m fed up of the victim blaming in regards to things like this and I’ve never blacked out like these girls have after drinking ever and I was a bit of a binge drinker during my late teens/ early 20’s.
When my drink was spiked in 2001 I was actually kicked out of the nightclub I was in as they didn’t believe I hadn’t taken anything myself and then I passed out in the street and was picked up by someone who claimed to be a cab driver as no one would help me.
This “cab driver” I later saw on crimewatch and I had to phone in and later speak with the police.
OMG that is just awful.
I used to get quite ‘tight’ back in the day too, we don’t realise how vulnerable we are, and there are some really evil people out there.
It seems like the young people are being sensible and taking care of each other.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
madasahat
Imagineer

Please stop, you clearly do not know what you’re talking about and your comments are insulting.
No one knows for sure what is in the syringes and it’s not just GHB that causes blackouts and memory loss.
so where are all the confermend cases then? this is turning into more media hysteria .How do you know i dont know what i am talking about . i have worked with several drug rehabilitation charities in my line of work ? read the real news not just tweets and rubbish on the telly. Yes women have had drinks spiked and that is disgusting and has been going on for years. the so called injecting is something that has been kicking around on the net for years with no confirmed cases only anecdotal evidence. the media gets a hold of the story and now anyone with a bug bite has been injected . And how come it only seams to be in the uk ?
orlando sun Villa 2011 2012 2013 villa velvet 2014 Killa villa 2015 orlando sun villa 2017 lake berkeley 2018 lake berkeley 2022
madasahat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

so where are all the confermend cases then? this is turning into more media hysteria .How do you know i dont know what i am talking about . i have worked with several drug rehabilitation charities in my line of work ? read the real news not just tweets and rubbish on the telly. Yes women have had drinks spiked and that is disgusting and has been going on for years. the so called injecting is something that has been kicking around on the net for years with no confirmed cases only anecdotal evidence. the media gets a hold of the story and now anyone with a bug bite has been injected . And how come it only seams to be in the uk ?
Oh please ..
Old 22 Oct 21, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I am not victim blaming now was the news report. I'm not discussing who's had the worse experience in the past.

All I'm trying to say, here and now, the news report I heard was that the Police were investigating a very small number of reports, the medical experts say it would be really hard to do without someone's knowledge and that it's a difficult conversation to try and gather facts with being accused if doubting the person reporting the crime.

Everything was suggesting its really bad if it's happening but we really don't know yet. As above PP is trying to do there could be other reason for the pin prick mark.

We know drinks get spiked, it's about how people deal with that. As your example if the bar staff were trained to not eject 'drunks' alone and have plans in place to keep people safe it would have helped. This type of thing was also being suggested in the news report.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread